Thank you, Dopers and (eventually) Pitters!

[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
There once was a girl named Eddy
Who looked awfully good in a teddie.
When by Liberal dissed
She stood up and hissed
And unlike a cat, is no 'fraidy.
…trying to be a bit clever there with the username mangled and spread across lines 1, 2 and 5. So far, I haven’t a good rhyme for “ContraPuntal”, though if I shorten it to “ContraPunt”, there’s some potential, albeit misogynistic.
[/QUOTE]
Nicely done, sirrah! Especially clever with the last line.

(Mutters into beer: Damn, I have A Rival for Supreme Being of Doperdom Limericking! Must devise a fiendish plot to destroy this upstart, yet not get caught… :mad: )

Now, then, let’s see what I can do with the challenge presented:

There once was a chap, Contrapuntal,
By scansion ill-done, quite disgruntled.
He wrote his own verses
With diligent curses
At having to rhyme words like “frontal”.

The Doper one called Libertarian
Met one he thought a barbarian.
To dismiss the rough slacker,
Gave five hundred smackers
His mind’s like an octogenarian’s.

[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]

And unlike a cat, is no 'fraidy.

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah? Does this look like a 'fraidy cat to you?

My opening line should be “The poster once called Libertarian”. I only noticed the error after the edit window had expired.

[QUOTE=What Exit?]
The best I can do is wish you luck and a hope that some of your friends get you to calm back down again.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I appreciate that very much. I really do. But looking around, I have to wonder what you mean by “calm” and how others — whom you’re not criticizing — are demonstrating it.

:confused:

Right. Those people weren’t here at the time. How can they hold any blame?

[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
Assuming buyer = Liberal, I have to disagree. He hasn’t shown a moment of grace in this whole thread.
[/QUOTE]

The alternative was graceful, and the initial handling of it. Later, not so much.
Bryan Ekers, intending hilarity,
Suggested not bribery but charity.
Lib took his advice
But, challenged, spoke twice
And now we’re debating his verity.

A poster with no sense of faith
got ire and some sort of hate
one Doper, named Lib,
payed up, while quite glib:
“Get out of here now, post haste”

[QUOTE=xenophon41]

Bryan Ekers, intending hilarity,
Suggested not bribery but charity.
Lib took his advice
But, challenged, spoke twice
And now we’re debating his verity.
[/QUOTE]
Bows, in awe.

Yep. Winner by a mile.

[QUOTE=xenophon41]

Bryan Ekers, intending hilarity,
Suggested not bribery but charity.
Lib took his advice
But, challenged, spoke twice
And now we’re debating his verity.
[/QUOTE]
BRAVO!!!

:: Tenders limerick crown and commemorative beer stein (handle only slightly chipped) ::

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Oh yeah? Does this look like a 'fraidy cat to you?
[/QUOTE]
Or this?

Trust me, you don’t wanna get in Fred’s face.

rubystreak, an apology for pointing out his tortured use of the language would be a lie. A “good Christian” would manage to love PRR in spite of his efforts at deception and his personal attacks.

What does being “really a grown up” mean? Telling people to “shut the fuck up”?

That part of his claim I have not challenged as best I remember. Why would I challenge your credentials as the editor of a nationally distributed publication? It’s not like you to offer strawman arguments.

[QUOTE=Zoe]
rubystreak, an apology for pointing out his tortured use of the language would be a lie. A “good Christian” would manage to love PRR in spite of his efforts at deception and his personal attacks.
[/quote]

Which you should. Or you’re going to hell. :wink:

I don’t think you need to shut the fuck up in general. I simply wish you to stop questioning whether he was a professor, because you. are. just. wrong. You need to let it go. PRR is gone. He was a professor, sweetheart, but he won’t darken your door again. Let it go.

There once was a poster named Ruby
Who needed to relax with a doobie
Defending the Prof
While others did scoff
…
something-something-something… Scooby!
[sub]I’d have finished that limerick if not for those meddling kids![/sub]

[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
There once was a poster named Ruby
Who needed to relax with a doobie
Defending the Prof
While others did scoff
…
something-something-something… Scooby!
[sub]I’d have finished that limerick if not for those meddling kids![/sub]
[/QUOTE]

She drove off in a huff in her hoopty?

But she had a set of really nice boobies?

Got the munchies and ate all the Jujubees?

I can’t imagine the explanation would be useful to you , Zoe, so how’s about you fuck off and die? A real grown up would admit their obvious faults, but I’m curious why that would even cross your mind.

[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
Well, speaking only for myself, should Liberal blink and decide not to forward the $500, I won’t think any less of him. :smiley:
[/QUOTE]
Than what?

Less than zero.

It is most unseemly to hammer a joke everyone already “got”. It is particularly unseemly to respond to a jackass who decide limericks are funny, for an evening or two.
ETA: yes haj, i did add it as a joke originally - now I can’t help myself. I mock Liberal as habit.

[QUOTE=Zoe]
That part of his claim I have not challenged as best I remember. Why would I challenge your credentials as the editor of a nationally distributed publication? It’s not like you to offer strawman arguments.
[/QUOTE]

So I have enough credibility to … what, vouch for myself? vouch for having bought an article from prr? … but not enough to vouch for him? Yes, zoe, he’s a college professor. In an English department. At a major university.

[QUOTE=twickster]
So I have enough credibility to … what, vouch for myself? vouch for having bought an article from prr? … but not enough to vouch for him? Yes, zoe, he’s a college professor. In an English department. At a major university.
[/QUOTE]

But does his hubby work in a prison?