That "I Hate Myself" song

There’s this punkish song that goes “I hate myself, I hate myself, I hate myself,” and every verse after that is four bizarre syallables repeated, like “I eat lye soap.” Who does it? I thought it was The Dead Kennedys, but a Napster search revealed nothing.

Everyone–I figured out the band! It’s the Dead Milkmen. I know everybody here has been researching this nonstop since I posted it, and I thank you for that, but I got it on my own.

Okay, but have you figured out what the “I eat lye soap” part actually is? Don’t leave us hanging, here!

Damn, that’s wierd. I discovered the Milkmen not one week ago. I bought “Big Lizard in My Backyard,” which has the song “Bitchin’ Camero,” which is my new favorite song. I also downloaded “Punk Rock Girl” from Napster, and won a bunch of cool points from my coworker for being “one of the only girls I’ve ever met who likes them.” Yeah me! And yeah you!

Ah, Big Lizard in My Backyard. I remember fondly being 10, hanging out up the street at my friend’s house, and listening to “Takin’ Retards to the Zoo.” Those were the days, I tell ya…

… and here I thought this was going to be about Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (“I Hate Myself For Loving You”)!

I do like the Dead Milkmen. My favourite DM song is Punk Rock Girl (it’s so fun to sing along to!), but another good song of theirs, if you haven’t heard it yet, is “Stewart” off Beelzebubba. It wraps up trailer park mentality pretty nicely.

Pete
Long time RGMWer and ardent AOLer

Wow, you guys like the Dead Milkmen? SWEET!

I have Big Lizard and Bucky Fellini (since I was in high school when they were new), and I used to have Beelzebubba and Eat Your Paisley but they got stolen.

That’s my favorite “weird music” band.
I like Punk Rock Girl mostly because it described my dating habits so well…that’s what I dated for most of my life. :smiley:

Swiddles & TYG, get Bucky Fellini and listen to “Instant Club Hit.” If you haven’t heard it already, you’ll love it.

…You’ll dance to anything…

That’s because you’re all “art fags.” :wink:

Pete
Long time RGMWer and ardent AOLer