That stupid baby came out already!

Awww… he was worth the wait! What an adorable little guy! Congratulations all around!

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations to the new parents and his new auntie! What was his gestational age? What did the APGAR rating say? Was he 38-40 weeks, or 40+ weeks? I bet your friend feels so much better already, though very tired.

That’s a good looking little guy. when you gonna have one of your own :stuck_out_tongue:

Adorable! He looks much older than just a few hours…more like a couple weeks (filled out his skin very nicely!). I love his name!

So that’s the new guy in the office!

He’s a sweetheart. Welcome, little guy! waves and blows kisses :smiley:

The due date the hospital was going by (from periods and such, not ultrasounds) was November 23rd. The 20 week ultrasound done in California showed him being due on November 17th.

For his APGAR, I remember the nurse saying 9-10 when a friend’s mom asked. He is quite the active, alert little dude.

He was 41.5 weeks officially I believe.

And yes! She’s really, really sore. Her husband was going to go into work today, but he can’t because she can still hardly move. She said the worst thing is actually where they cut her so she wouldn’t rip- the stitches are giving her the most ouchies.

As the father of three sons, all of whom put my wife through long nasty labors and none of whom looked nearly as cute as Julian when they finally arrived, may I say… you lucky bastard. Congratulations!

Julian! I love it. Squee to mom and baby!

Can I say “Anti-squee”?

Has such a thing been done? If not, then…

Anti-squee!

You say that now, but you just wait until you get a visit from the Department of Nuclear Tipped Marsupials. Then you’ll be singing a different tune.

You’ll be squeeing like a damn guinea pig, ya will.

If it were the Department of Nuc-u-lar Infused Badgers, then I’d squee.

It’s not, so I’m not.

Is the Vegas thing still going on? Yea or nay?

Nay, I had to move my Chicago trip back to the original week (the week of the conference) because the grandmothers couldn’t get time off of work.

That said, I go to Las Vegas like, once or twice a month. Figure out when you want/ can go and I’ll likely be there.

Wow. You HATE newborns? Do you also DESPISE kittens and ABOMINATE puppies?

Just wondering.

:wink:

And that is one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen.

Yeah, episiotimes aren’t fun. I used Dial soap on mine, it seemed to lessen the sting and speed the healing. I washed the stitches at least twice a day, and let things airdry. For me, it helped. The douche thingy didn’t give me as clean a feeling as I wanted. Remind her to Kegel/do the pelvic strengthening excercises she was given in birthing class when she can, too. This will be a preventative measure against “key in lock syndrome”. :wink: (So named because the woman is almost in the door, and “Oops!” IIRC.)

Just born ones, yes. :slight_smile: They’re all ugly when they first come out. Except for little Julian, of course.

~Tasha

Oh, and Least Original User Name Ever - You, I, and DiosaBellissima need to meet in Vegas and party it up sometime (I was supposed to go to Vegas with ya’ll, too - but I found out I need the vacation time for something else).

~Tasha

baby! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Wow! He’s gorgeous. Looks like one of those movie babies who can’t possibly be new.

GT

The trip of debauchery is on hold, then. Methinks better planning is in order.

I can’t believe I missed this thread! Well, better late than never (which seems to be Julian’s motto, as well!)

He is seriously handsome. I think WhyBaby’s got a bit of a crush. She has a thing for younger men. When I opened the pictures, she said, “Yay! Baby!” and giggled at each one.