The 18th Annual Steelers March to the Super Bowl Thread

I’m not thrilled about Tomlin still seemingly to have no control or influence on players’ public statements. The complaints about postponing tonight’s game by JuJu and Enron, amongst others, come off as so tone-deaf at moment. Plus, there are important games ahead for which we might need some relief from the NFL. As much I can’t stand the Ravens, I don’t think it’s fair to make them play without a viable team. Not to mention, potentially infecting our players.

And right on cue, James Connor tests positive.

That’s what I said.

Jackknifed said “Ben’s probably played there over 15 times” as if that’s a lot of times. That’s 2 seasons if you’re the Browns. The stadium is 20 years old. Why would you not expect there to be some Browns QB from some time period - not just active - that would’ve won more? There’s nothing that “makes total sense when you think about it” about a visiting QB holding such a record.

If you know the revolving door of Browns QB’s and the team records, then it makes total sense. You’d need a Browns QB making it like 3 full seasons, and winning 5 home games per year on average.

Speaking of the last couple of decades, today was probably the first time since that first SB against the Rams that I wanted Brady to win…and he let me down as usual.

Well, shit.

Pittsburgh won, but Bud Dupree went out late with a non-contact knee injury. Initial reports indicate a torn ACL.

That’s utterly soul crushing. First Devin Bush, now Dupree. Two impact players done for the year, and the defense is the most consistent unit on the team.

11-0 for the first time ever, and all I can think about is how big a loss today was.

Shit. I had a bad feeling about today. Hope not, but could be devastating.

Would it help if I pointed out that the Steelers are the 4th least man games lost to injuries in the NFL so far this year. They’ve been really lucky, injury wise, up to now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mangameslostnfl?lang=en

I always dread “Ben wearing gloves” season.

Kind of a bummer that the WFT was still able to get that 3 points before the half. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite.

Disaster. Spillane, Haden. SMH.

There was a certain inevitability to this loss, they were bound to lose sooner or later.

The receivers all got the drops and the defense forgot to cover the backup running back for around 10 consecutive plays.

Good for Washington. They played well and deserved it.

I’m going to go and puke now.

In fairness to the Steelers, it was also their 2nd game in 5 days. And Sunday they’ll play their 3rd in 11 days. Has anyone in the NFL ever done that before?

Yes, anyone who plays Monday-Sunday-Thursday will experience this. Not an uncommon occurrence.

Problem is that the next game is at Buffalo, and with a further depleted defense. Home field vs. KC is in major jeopardy.

You’re right, but, based on a quick search of articles, it sure seems like the short-rest team tends to lose those games.

Ben’s making it look like Jalen Hurts is the best QB in the state of PA.

Bills are going to leapfrog Pittsburgh for the 2 seed.

It’s not inconceivable that the Browns jump them for the division. Knew the loss of the LB’s would be big, but absolutely no creativity on offense.

So this has been a couple of weeks, hasn’t it?

You know what, though? If they couldn’t get the 1 seed this isn’t the end of the world. They’re already in the playoffs. And wouldn’t it be a kick in the nuts if the Browns win, the Steelers lose to the Colts, and then beat the Browns for the division title in the last week while simultaneously eliminating an 11-win Browns team from the playoffs?

But really, though, they have to fix whatever the problem is. They kept abandoning the run after it worked repeatedly, and pass-only is absurdly predictable. The defense is really hurting from injuries, but it will hopefully get well in time for the playoffs. Ben needs to play better. And maybe he can’t, maybe this is all he has left. It’s still better than the backups. But he has to stop making mistakes. The team is too broken to recover from them.

But, there’s still hope. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Shit, I didn’t realize that could happen. That’s kinda mean.