The 18th Annual Steelers March to the Super Bowl Thread

I think I’m in the minority here among Stiller fans, but it seems to me that despite getting yelled at by Tomlin, Ben’s receivers are continuing to whiff a lot of passes that were catchable. If at least some of these were caught, we’d doing the “we got a feeling…” chant instead of the doom and gloom.
Also seems like either the receivers are not following their routes or Ben is throwing to the wrong places. IANAFBP so I dunno who is more at fault here, but there is clearly miscommunication/misunderstanding going on. Hopefully they can get it straightened out, or the playoffs are one-and-done.

AFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!

The first half of that game they looked like they were going to get shit on like the last three weeks, but whatever happened in that locker room woke them up and they looked like the team that won their first 11 games. And not a moment too soon.

And then the Browns lost to the Jets, which is by an order of magnitude worse than losing to the Bengals. So now it’s a question of whether or not Pittsburgh cares about knocking the Browns out of the playoffs. They ought to be able to, both because it’s the Browns and they’ll screw it up themselves or because they’ll be able to muster enough interest to care now that the division is locked up.

I say we rest Ben and all of the starters next week. We have the 3 seed locked up. We have no chance for the 1 seed, so maybe (depending on what Buffalo does) we have a chance for the 2 seed. But is that really worth it? Remember no first round bye for the 2 seed anymore.

We still get a home game the first round. And if the 2 seed loses to the 7 seed, we still get a home game in the divisional round. Either way, we don’t have to go to Kansas City until the AFC Championship game if we make it there. Especially now with no crowd noise,

I’m just not seeing how resting our tired, weary bones isn’t better than playing for a chance at a 2 seed, which gives us the benefit of a greater chance at a home game (with no terrible towels waiving at Heinz) in the Divisional Round. I say rest them.

I guess what you’re saying makes sense, but they need to be reminded who the big brother in this relationship really is. Browns fans were super cocky about Pittsburgh’s loss to the Bengals, only to be beaten in the Brownsiest way by the Jets.

If the Browns don’t make it they have only themselves to blame. I don’t want Pittsburgh to help them. And after last year’s incident with Garrett I hope Pittsburgh rips the still beating heart out of Cleveland and shows it to their fans.

So I’m torn just like you. And really, they can only bench so many people. Who gets the privilege? They’re all tired.

I’d feel much better if the Browns made the playoffs instead of Indy, so I agree that we should rest everyone. Sure, we are looking at an away game in Buffalo for the conf. semis, but that much needed “bye” that we never got is worth it to me.

So the Steelers are resting Ben, Watt, and some of the other starters. Mason Rudolph gets the start.

The Brownies got their receivers back for the moment, but they still have COVID issues. I certainly don’t anticipate the Steelers winning this game now that they emptied the bench, but if Mason Rudolph kicks Cleveland in the nuts and out of the playoffs after last year it would be one of the great moments in Pittsburgh history.

I think we should really be resting as many starters as possible. Treat it like a final pre-season game. In normal years, the potential road trip to Buffalo might justify a bit more effort on Sunday, but without a full crowd allowed, rest and reduced injury chances are far more valuable.

Well, we get the Browns again next week. Unfortunately Haden won’t be clear to play yet, but still pretty happy we’re playing them vs. anybody else.

I know every week is different, but Pittsburgh got to Mayfield even without Watt and Rudolph did well, almost well enough to win, without some offensive starters.

More importantly, though, there were no injuries, and somewhat less important but still promising were the downfield throws. If Rudolph can hit them Ben can, too, and Claypool found himself open a lot. If they can’t crowd the line the running game can become good for at least 3-4 yards a carry to keep them honest.

Today wasn’t a bad result at all except for having to listen to Browns fans yakking when they barely beat a team deliberately weakened playing with nothing at stake.

Un. Be. Fucking. Lievable.

OK, I quit. What can you say about this disaster so far?

Ridiculous. It’s early, still.

Relax. It just means the final score will be Steelers 38, Browns 14 instead of Steelers 38, Browns 0.

I’m not that cocky, but Pittsburgh has a ton of time.

Now I’m going to throw up.

Ben’s done. Next era has to begin.

Three more quarters of this is not looking like a good thing for Pittsburgh.

Can someone help me out here? I’ve just seen the replay of the Brown’s first score, and it looks really strange.

The ball goes over Roethlisberger’s head, so he naturally runs back, looking like he’d try to fall on it (probably should have tried to boot it through the endzone for a safety). But he never touched it, nor even tried to. He actually wasn’t all that close to it, and stayed on his feet until the Browns had knocked it past him into the endzone. What was he thinking / trying to do?

I tuned in a few minutes late, and have no interest in seeing it.

35-10 at the half.

I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before.