The 18th Annual Steelers March to the Super Bowl Thread

Being a Browns fan of 60+ years, I am cautiously optimistic with a 16 point lead and 4:30 left in the game. But I remember The Drive and The Fumble, so not celebrating…yet.

But it would be soooooo sweet…

I think you can celebrate now, 2 minute warning and up 19.

I think I’ll settle for a warm glow of satisfaction…with the Browns, it might be another 20 years to feel this way…

Well now, that wasn’t too bad.

Congrats Browns fans.

Well as my Pittsburgh cousin always says of the Browns “they played hard.”

I haven’t posted in this thread before.

Now I have.

Congratulations. Pittsburgh dug the hole with the first play, and the Browns spent the rest of the game burying them in it. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll take my leave so I can get good and drunk, although it takes much longer with Mountain Dew than it does with the real stuff.

What. The. Fuck. Was. That.

(How? How could it have started so beautifully and ended like that?)

Pittsburgh was 1-5 in their last six games. They were more like a Jets team than Chiefs team during that stretch.

It did start beautifully, with the first snap of the game sailing over Ben’s head. And then it ended beautifully, with Ben crying alone on the bench and the rest of the Steelers having a shocked and dismayed look on their face.

Oh, the season?

I’m late thanking you guys for letting us in the playoffs. I mean, hey, we may have done it anyway even if you hadn’t rested your guys, but I figured you probably wanted to let us in the playoffs because you assumed you could beat us. But given where the Browns have been, just making it to the playoffs was a thrilling, unexpected season. But then you gave two big gifts two weeks in a row! Very generous of you. Thank you.

Ouch, but true.

I saw a fun fact on TV… The last time the Browns won a road playoff game was 1969.

You should be here in Cleveland. The press has those "The Browns haven’t done that since (sumnum a long time ago) all lined up ready to go. Pretty much any time the Browns move the ball.“Cleveland hasn’t crossed the 20 yard twice in the third quarter of a playoff game since 1962 when Jim Brown did it against the Giants…”

It always amuses me how often people will add as many qualifiers as they can in order to show that a team or player has broken a particular “record”, or reached a milestone, or done something that hasn’t been done in X years. “This is the most number of catches by a left-handed wide receiver with a Q in his middle name while wearing purple shoes in the month of November!” I see it as a way to try to manufacture fan enthusiasm. It’s not just Cleveland, but I’m sure that given the fact that the Browns are legitimately good for the first time in forever that they are going crazy trying to hype up as much as they can. (Ride the brown wave!)

Baseball seems to be the worst at it. Boy do they love their trivia and minutia. I think that’s because it’s even more of a stats-driven sport, and games have so much downtime where people are waiting for something to happen that they need something to say.

People are just desperate to have some new historical “first.” The sport’s been played for a century by many thousands of athletes and you can’t find a new feat to tout. So they really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

This thread has been particularly schaudenfreudey this year! What a historic collapse, one for the ages… :rofl:

So I read that Roethlisberger will count for $41 million against Pittsburgh’s cap next year. Does this mean that, no matter what - retirement, continue playing, injured for whole year, cut from roster - that he will consume almost 1/4 of their cap?

If he’s cut, that drops to $20 million or so.

I just checked, it appears to be $22.25 million if they cut him.

Dead money, as in, “He’s dead, Jim.”

What’s missing is something like the iconic Brown’s photo.
Imgur