The Amazing Race...11/08/05

“Adorably stupid”? Awww … that’s the kind of man I married! I love adorably stupid men! Ian was adorably stupid, too. Call me, Nick Linz! I don’t kiss, either - I make out!

Heheheh. It’s been years since I’ve been in a good fight, but Ma Weaver makes me itchy. And that Rachel Weaver? She’s an insult to all Rachels everywhere, and I don’t like her sullying my good name!

Can someone please clarify something for me: Are the Bransens in or out at this point? They’re still listed as active on CBS’s Amazing Race homepage and they’re still in it according to the Leaderboard, but on the Teams page they’ve been X’ed out. :confused:

Let me just add to the Weaver hate. I hate those people. All of them. Hate them with the power of a thousand exploding suns. I don’t want them eliminated, I want them dropped into a deep, deep hole where they can spend the rest of their lives creating their own race of hypocritical, nasty, crazy-haired mole-people who spend all day complaining & making fun of the ungodly surface dwellers.
In other words, I don’t really care for them.

Just when I start to like the Paolos, they’re gone. Sad. And without them there aren’t really any more traditional families, no more Mom & Dad & kids. Just siblings and one parent + kids.

Would you really rather have seen her slipping on like a hot-pink thong or something?

They’re still in–somebody made a mistake. They came in last at the NEL, but they’re not gone yet.

NO! Italians don’t look good in pink.

OK, thanks! Of course, I could have just, you know, watched or something.

You mean Freepers?

Perfection. Absolute perfection.

My favorite part was when they all got the Italian guy to talk on the phone because maybe he can understand Spanish, and then the person he got spoke English.

That tickled me. I am lame.

This would have been the perfect time to try my hack. When the Bransens were at the mat of the NEL, they knew they were last. They should have thrown on a few extra clothes, and given everything except their passports to the Paolos. If it turns out to be a non-elimination, ask the Paolos if they have any gear they can spare (like maybe some clothes that don’t fit). And if you’re eliminated, you wouldn’t need that stuff anyway.

I think there may have been a way to speed up the bailing task. Get everyone into the boat, lie down, and press yourselves down into the water as much as you can. The displacement would force the same volume of water over the sides and away. Then get out and start bailing.

Oh, I almost forgot. I may be in that area in a couple of weeks. I’m visiting family in Phoenix for Thanksgiving and I’m going to try to get to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas while I’m at it. Possibly on a Harley.

And damn that episode looked like fun. I’d have kicked ass at the flying, the carts and the task with the compasses.

Was it clear that the boats were sitting on a solid surface under the water?

Cuz if they weren’t, the extra weight would sink the boat further, encouraging more water, not less.

I was actually thinking that the teams that dumped water out by tipping the boat were going to get a penalty. Phil specifically said that they had to bail the water out of the boat using only the “tools” provided.

I seem to remember that teams were told to use “only their hands and the tools provided.” Since one can push with one’s hands, that seems to be within the parameters of the task.

I didn’t understand why people kept jumping in and out of the boats. What were they hoping to accomplish?

Phil said they had to empty the boats of water using only the tools provided until they could lift it-- which means the teams were free to lift and dump as soon as possible, but they couldn’t use the old paddling trick of getting their waterlogged boat up onto another and then rolling it.

So my displacement trick might have drawn a penalty. Hmm, seems to me that using your own body ought to be allowed for most stuff.

Speaking of which, was there any penalty on Papa Paolo for having to be helped by the rescue swimmers?

Well, he was eliminated, wasn’t he? Isn’t that penalty enough? (OK, so it was delayed a bit on appeal, but still.)

OK, I’ve seen the episode, and I don’t have much to add beyond what everybody else said, but I will try. Before I do, though, could we all pause for a moment and ponder the following passage from the Bible, going out as a special long-distance dedication to the Weaver family?

Or, as my great-grandmother told me, “Judge not, or God will whomp your ass.”

Now, then. I would like to add the following items to the discussion:
[ul]
[li]Open-water swimming is waaaaay harder than it looks. (I’m looking at you, DJ “shut the fuck up” Paolo.) Trust me on this one. I am a former lifeguard and open-water miler, and you would be surprised at how many people can’t swim out to the raft and back in a lake. (OK, so it was an inlet, but still - the hard surf doesn’t help.)[/li][li]Nick Linz + no shirt + wet + a little bit of panting = HOTT![/li][li]Just because you are “competitors” (Weavers) doesn’t mean you need to be bad sportmanships (Weavers) - or, for that matter, flaming gaping assholes (fucking Weavers).[/li][li]Our new definition of irony: Rachel Weaver, calling the other teams “classless” while she is standing on the mat with a distinct and visible cameltoe. That’s right - camel-fucking-toe! (And it appeared more than once in this episode, because 1) her stupid “hot pants” (which just look like boy-cut underpants) don’t fit her, and 2) she sucks, and 3) does Ma Weaver come from the Mama Spears school of Christianity, where it is OK to allow your teenage daughter to appear in public and/or on the cover of Rolling Stone while only half-dressed? The hell?[/li][/ul]
I would also like to add:

Are you there, God? It’s me, rockle. Look, we need to have a talk. Seriously, what are you doing to us? Us Dopers might have varying levels of faith, but for the love of … whoever, do we really need to suffer though much more of the Weavers? Why have you forsaken us? Please tell us that “my ox is BROKEN! this is BULLSHIT!” is only a hint of the rapture to come. We have been very patient, God, and we’re trying to show love to your other children, but if you don’t do something about those frizzle-headed, hot-pants-wearing, bad-dye-job-having, nasty, vicious, two-faced turds, we might all be forced to rise as one and slay them. Please, God, don’t make us do it.
And in closing, I would like to add this, confidential to Ma Weaver (nasty, but very very necessary): Dammit, woman! Stop putting your foundation and eyeliner on with a trowel. Your makeup is starting to melt from the heat and the pressure and it is not a good look. You look like Marge Simpson, with Homer’s makeup gun set on “Whore of Babylon.”

Toldja.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I’m glad that others are commenting on the Weevil Wimmin’s choice of bad shorts. When bad shorts happen to good TV audiences who have done nothing to deserve being shown that week after week. I keep complaining about it, and my husband keeps telling me, “That’s what they sell at Walmart.”

I’m actually surprised that none of the pervos on the board commented on the cameltoe before I did. They must not hang out in these threads. :wink: