The Amazing Race 3/18: "Uglier Than a Mud Rail Fence" : LIKELY DELAYED

Nothing could be less true…what happens in Rachel, to Rachel or around Rachel gets broadcast to the world, usually at high volume and maximum drama. In the last season of Big Brother, live feed folks got to hear all about Rachel’s missed period and that she might be pregnant, etc., etc. Fortunately for the world, it was only a pregnancy SCARE (and a truer description of a possibility of reproduction was never uttered) and not the real thing. But the live feeds were full of it for a week.

Thank you for making me throw up a little in my mouth, and my lap as well.

Also:

Well, yeah… There HAVE to be ways to interpret it as her not being a total dingbat, but you really have to dig for 'em. I was hoping for SOME sort of in-show evidence that she wasn’t being completely dense, but she pronounced it right, yet seemed to have no connection with the sounds that came out of her mouth to the meaning of the word. OF/UV I can totally understand, regional pronunciations being problematic for many, but… BEARD. It’s not like she said “Beeee…AAAArduh? WTF is that?”

I’m sorry, I’m reading way too much into this and I’m going to stop now. But I maintain my position that she’s an utter dingbat.

I’m curious what regional pronunciations of “of” there are. It was said to me in exactly the way I pronounce it. It was just that in the moment my brain rejected it as a completely made up noise.

By avoiding full screen mode, I was able to watch the entire episode, so thanks again for your help.

I was impressed that the helicopter pilot and his wife were able to put their petty backbiting behind them, but the divorced, dating couple sure took right over in the shittbickers role; It’s not hard to see why they each have a few failed marriages behind them. (That said, the woman is about as physically attractive as any Racer that I can ever remember, but after her Diva antics (“Carry my fuckin’ coat, idiot!”) she didn’t look nearly as good.

Finally, I liked the two Secret Agent ladies keeping their cool and working as a team so well together, under what was certainly extreme pressure, as I would have had a hard time being as supportive as the blonde was, back when the curling challenge nearly cost them the Race.

I gave her a half pass, she offered a faster and easier alternative and was shut down. I’d be bitchy too if I had to climb that hill and it must have been even worse watching each horse and buggy pass them.

Brain scrambles.

From this website

have you ever counted the F’s in this passage:

There are 6 F’s but some people only count 3. The skip the F’s in “OF”

I’m pretty sure Rachel (Big Brother one) is retarded and Vanessa is still adorable even when she is angry. That is all.

I usually watch it the next day on the CBS website, because I often work Sunday nights and miss it, or I get annoyed at the delays and just say “Screw it, I’ll watch it tomorrow”.
Having it lock up (usually during a commercial) happens once in a while, but the picture quality goes way down in fullscreen. It’s not my monitor (I have two), because I watch Netflix and Hulu and other stuff, and the fullscreen picture is just fine for anything else. It’s the CBS site.

I don’t know; yelling at someone while they’re carrying the team’s gnome and your coat is definitely out of line. She’s hot, but I’m not sure if she’s hot enough to make up for that.

How far in advance does CBS publish the episode names? “Uglier Than a Mud Rail Fence” had to come from Mark & Bopper, which would have been a dead giveaway that last week would turn out to be a non-elimination leg.

I visited Neuschwanstein on a family vacation when I was in elementary school. I remember two things: that hill, and the fact there was a cave on the fifth floor of the castle. That hill was steep and long. I’m amazed the border patrol guys were the only ones to think of taking the buggy.

Anybody else have a thought in the back of your head about the Border Guards potentially getting a penalty for using the buggy?

I wondered about that. If I were playing I’d probably be in a semi constant battle between:

“Well, if it isn’t explicitly ruled out then I can” vs. “Well if they don’t tell me I can I probably shouldn’t”