The American Coup Fallout thread

There’s a lot of territory between “let’s punish no one” and “the evidence will make that clear once the investigations are over.”

I’ve not seen any signs of the public shaming of people who have not been positively identified or who have claimed to there in counterprotest. If be more worried about that if people think the police aren’t doing their job–that’s when the public tends to feel it needs to act.

I’d also argue that, if you were there at all, you should have told someone you were going there to counterprotest or included some sign or something, as even without the breach it could have come back to bite you in the butt. A d once there was a breach, you’d better have documented yourself leaving or at least staying. At the very least, decry the whole thing in front of witnesses rather than acting like you were waiting for a pardon.

Heck, I just incidentally have that type of evidence: people who saw me during the invasion, my negative thoughts on it during and after, and my opposition to the entire movement before it happened.

I don’t want any innocent people harmed, but I also don’t think it’s as precarious as some seem to think. I think we might eventually hear one orntwo such stories, and that they’ll easily win defamation suits.

And, yeah, there are unlikely to be any false convictions. Not just due to race and class, but because all eyes are on this. It’s much more likely some will go free that shouldn’t.

Q Klutz Coup

That cite does not back up that stat.

The Innocence Project estimates that 1% of the prison population is wrongly incarcerated.
I consider theirs an expert opinion.

I think you are in the wrong thread. None of the rioters have been convicted of anything at this point, much less wrongly.

Well, i didn’t see that on your link, and it is besides the point as not only do we have much video evidence, but also selfies, and FB posts bragging about it.

If we get any of these insurrectionists saying “that wasnt me” , then come back with pie. They will say shit like “I had every right to do that”.

Jacob Chansley aka QAnon Shaman (he’s the guy who was wearing the horns and fur head dress) is now offering to testify against Trump. He says people like him were called to Washington by Trump and told to attack the Capitol. He says he now feels betrayed by Trump’s refusal to support them afterwards.

Your mission, Jacob, should you decide to accept it, is…

As usual, should you or any member of your I.M. Force be captured or killed, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your existence. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jacob.

He hasn’t eaten in 4 days either. Poor baby isn’t getting his all organic food and can’t eat anything else lest he get sick.

This sort of thing really does cause me a little cognitive dissonance and it’s very much a function of my advancing age. Which is to say nobody’s problem but mine.

But I remember when pagan shamans who would only eat organic food because anything else would make them sick were almost invariably left-wing wingnuts (and usually harmless neo-hippies at that). It’s not that it is any more nutty that radical right fringists are adopting this particular variety of woo. But it just seems…wrong. Stay in your own lane whackadoo! You can be any variety of Christian Domintionist you want, stop appropriating woo from the nutty left! What, are you going to be touting the benefits of crystal healing next?

It’s like when frat bros started playing Black Flag at beach parties. It’s like - “hey, hey, hey now - stop that! That’s supposed to be music for ugly nerds and loner outsiders!” :laughing:

Did you see his hat? I figure this guy is part of the Odin crowd.

The VERY FIRST item in the original American Coup mentioned how disgraced ex-president Trump replaced Esper with Trump toady Chris Miller.

Guess who gave the stand down order to the DC National Guard to not protect the capital, refused them weapons, and ordered them not to interfere with protesters, INCLUDING REFUSING THE NATIONAL GUARD TO CONDUCT SEARCH, SEIZURES, AND ARRESTS.

Chris Fucking Miller.

Imgur

That’s a darn fine confession to treason, sedition, etc. right there. Most folks don’t work quite that hard at self-incrimination.

I mean, I sure hope he’s not going to, because the guy is obviously either a fucking moron, insane, or both. Does he have emails or texts from Trump ordering him to do this? If so, what testimony will; he offer? He got messages from Trump through his TV? If those messages overtly called for insurrection, why do they need Chansley? If they don’t, of what import are the delusions of a “Qanon shaman”?

Look at the pictures of the guy. He’s wearing horns and in every picture he’s braying like a donkey. Not exactly a prosecution star witness.

Lawyer: Trump’s words couldn’t possibly inspire the capitol invasion.

Shaman : I invaded the capitol because Trump’s words inspired me to do so.

I was offering this information more as a sign that Trump’s base is eroding. People keep insisting that Trump retains the blind loyalty of tens of millions of followers. But this shows that even the loyalest of followers has their limits.

But addressing your point, testimony from people like Chansley will hurt Trump’s case. Trump isn’t accused of participating in the riot; he’s accused of inciting it. So the testimony of rioters like Chansley provides the link between the things Trump said and the crimes the rioters subsequently committed.

I am so hoping he ends up with a feeding tube.

The fact someone is a lunatic means their testimony is worthless. You need someone SANE to testify Trump conspired to commit a crime.

Crazy people get “messages” from their TVs all the time.

Looks like the antenna doesn’t fall far from the TV in this case.

Angeli has stated his belief that televisions and radios emit “very specific frequencies that are inaudible” and “affect the brain waves of your brain”