The Arizona recount--reactions?

So anyway, for how how long has this fraudit (wonderful term) been going, and what percentage of the ballots have been “looked at”? Also, when is the fucking stupid thing to be completed?

I believe the current plan is to keep counting the ballots until they get the results they want.

If the results they want is for Donnie to be declared winner of AZ. I wish 'em godspeed. If they think that translates into Donnie moving back in to the Oval Office, it is to laugh. And cry. Jesus, Republicans, just look at yourselves.

The secondary plan is to delegitimize the voting process so that people will think “If this is how they are going to handle my ballot, why should I bother to vote?” This is why they are so obviously (and publicly) treating this process like a joke.

The Democratic Party was apparently excluded.

I don’t doubt that you’re right, but it seems counterproductive to me. I would expect that to reduce voting more among Republicans rather than Democrats, as the Republicans are the ones who are losing faith in the electoral process, thanks to Trump. There were people in Georgia’s runoffs who said they didn’t see any point in voting since it was all rigged.

Democrats seem to see these shenanigans as a reason to try and vote out these guys.

The Republicans already know which votes are being targeted-These yahoos aren’t going anywhere near areas that are strongly Republican.

Also to get every Trump supporter so amped up and frothing at the mouth against the Democratic party that they’re ready to put all different kinds of pressure on the people who run elections to ensure that the next close election goes their way - no matter how not-close it is.

Back in the 80’s when I was coming of age in terms of political awareness there were plenty of people still grumbling about the supposed Democratic steal of the 1960 Presidential election caused by dead voters in Illinois. You could even show them the electoral college results - that even without Illinois, Kennedy would have won - and they’d still be grumbling.

Those people - and their tempermental heirs - are still around.

So seriously, how far along are they, and how long have they been at it?
On election night you see the results… 30% reporting, 40% etc.
Where are these dumb fucks?

Seriously, they don’t plan on quitting until they leave in handcuffs.

That’ll do.

They started on April 23, but then had to stop for 10 days in May, as the arena that they are using was booked for use in high school graduations. This article from five days ago quotes a guy who is the liason for the audit with the state Senate as saying that they were nearly done with the hand recount, but then will need until the end of June for the “paper evaluation,” and then some weeks after that for writing a report.

Ooookay, then.

Thanks for the reply. I’m on pins and needles waiting for the full load of bullshit to drop. MAGA!!! Benghazi! Democrat party!

Why the wait for the report? Wasn’t it written back in February?

Yes, it’s ‘amusing’ that all the problems with a report using a faulty counting system run by a biased company don’t really matter.
Once the count is finished, CyberNinjas will announce “We have found massive electoral fraud, denying President Trump his rightful victory. This means we will be conducting recounts in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, and New Hampshire. And we will find fraud in all thise places too!”

The only thing more repulsive is if the announcement is made by Kayleigh “I never lied” McEnany. :nauseated_face:

So exactly when is the esteemed auditing firm of Howard, Howard, and Fine going to submit their report? Seriously, we all know what it’s going to say: Donnie won in a landslide but between Hugo Chavez, the Italian government, Jewish space lasers, and the Loch Ness Monster those very patriotic votes for Donald were switched to the far too liberal pinko commie Joe Biden.

i’m kinda hoping that they try saying something about the voting machines. suing this “company” out of existence would be lovely.

I fully expect them to lay a lot of suspicion, if not direct fault, on the voting machines, and I suspect they will be free from retaliation. These are consultants. They do not deal in facts, but in opinions. IANAL, but my understanding is that unless they fabricate evidence, such as publish false e-mails reportedly from the voting machine company to the AZ Sec o State detailing how to activate code needed to swap votes from Trump to Biden, they can say pretty much whatever they want. Even if they did publish said false e-mails, it would be hard to convict them of anything without proving they were the ones who fabricated them.

I don’t know about that. Seems to me it’s as bad to repeat a lie as it is to make up a lie.

I think that those dumb fucking Republicans have had enough of a lawsuit scare from Dominion that they regained just enough sense not to implicate the machine manufacturers. I think. But then again, those Trumpy Dipshits harbor amazing stupidity. Time will tell. I suspect that the “counting” has reached a number of votes that is so large that these dumbasses just don’t know what the next number is… forever stalled.