Not long now till the start of the first test.
As an Australian, I can’t help feeling a lot more positive about this than I was a few weeks ago, although I’m extremely sceptical that Darren Lehman will make much difference to on-field performances in the short-term.
Things I’m looking forward to:
- Chris Rogers opening.
- Haddin/Warner partnerships saving us after middle-order collapses.
- Root and Bairstow as the weak links in England’s batting lineup.
Things I don’t like:
- Watson’s belief that his lack of form has been entirely due to Mickey Arthur’s coaching style and now all his problems have gone away.
- The feeling that I’m going to regret saying that Root and Bairstow are England’s weak links.
Things I’m terrified of:
- Alastair Cook
- Kevin Pietersen
- Michael Clarke’s back
- The duel between Graeme Swan and Nathan Lyon
I predict that Australia will lose a close series due to England dominating in two or three key sessions but will then regain the Ashes in six months’ time.