The Attack of the Earworm Clones

Everyone has had the experience of having a song stuck in their head, which they can’t remove. It’s why there’s the term “earworm.”

But the thing that bothers me more than a so-called legitimate earworm, is when I happen to think of some phrase that is a match, either by being one word off from the lyrics of a genuine earworm, or simply by fitting into the meter of a genuine earworm - and then having the altered earworm running through my mind. And I can’t get it out.

I’m cooking dinner for myself and my parents tonight. For the first time in a while I’m making meatloaf, and I’m doing it by ear, instead of by recipe. So I just opened up the oven to take a look. And the progress looks promising. It even smelled good. So I thought to myself: “It’s beginning to look a lot like meatloaf.”
And now I have Frank Sinatra singing it to me, and making me think of meatloaf in the Grand Hotel, and one in the park, as well. The sturdy kind - that doesn’t mind the snow!
:eek:
So, someone - please - give me a new earworm clone to make Frank shuddap about giant meatloaf!

“the reflex…”
Duran Duran is the best earworm source I know of.

I have a weird one going: Rockapella’s Zombie Jamboree

“It’s a world of laughter, a world of tears,
It’s a world of hopes, and a world of fears,
There’s so much that we share that it’s time we’re aware …”

Nothing beats ‘It’s a Small World’ as an earworm. I know people who have had it stuck on replay in their brains since the early '70’s.

snerk Giant meatloaf in the snow!