The Babylon Bee

this might need to be moved to the pit but , I have no words but dumb bastards

The parody news site in question was the Babylon Bee, for those wondering. A conservative humor site that’s usually more worried about owning the libs than actually being funny. No big surprise.

I truly don’t get the obsession some people have with other people’s lifestyle.

Life is too damn short to be upset because somebody else expresses themselves in a way that you find off putting. Your life is so lacking that you have to mock another person? It’s truly - what’s the word? - deplorable.

Which has its own pit thread:

A couple of articles currently on the front page:

The Babylon Bee is shit written by shit for shit.

Heads.

The Babylon Bee had this coming.

That 2nd one gave me a chuckle, but I don’t think it was for the intended reason.

RIP to the Babylon Bee. Their dedication to telling the exact same joke over and over… this is no mere annoyance, nor does “obsessive” adequately describe it. This is nothing less than transcendent, monk-like devotion. One hopes that these writers will find another outlet for that obsessive energy… perhaps bottle-cap collecting or fart jokes.

Reminds me of this, appropriately enough. It’s about Dave Chappelle rather that the BB but it’s the same damn joke.

https://www.readthepresentage.com/p/dave-chappelle-transgender?s=r

Pretty much.

The last funny conservative (PJ O’Rourke) died recently. Maybe someday, conservatives will figure out how to be funny again.

They are still there. The only thing suspended is their Twitter account.

The Bee ran a headline after the Twitter banning: “Babylon Bee writers struggling after Twitter bans one of their two jokes.” Which, as much as I hate those assholes, is a pretty solid self-effacing joke.

Yeah I’d stand by my statement earlier that The Bee are, by the standards of conservative comedy, Monty Python, Mel Brooks, Jon Stewart, and Mitch Hedberg all rolled into one. Though that just means they have on occasion told an actually funny joke.

In classic right-wing projection form, their problem is how often they let their agenda get in the way of being actually funny. The exact thing they’d say is the problem with left-wing humor.

There are two main structural advantages that liberal humorists have over conservative ones. First punching up is always funnier than punching down, and conservative policies uniformly favor that franchised versus the disenfranchised. Second, it’s funny because it’s true doesn’t favor humor from the Republican point of view.

But sadly the article itself simply wasn’t funny. They just don’t have the skill to be an Onion.

In absolute fairness, the same criticism applies to a LOT of Onion articles.

But I agree, on the whole, they’re nowhere near as talented.

I have gone from checking the onion daily to not remembering the last time I even bothered to look.

Here’s something that they’re reporting today: