The best TV Series you've (probably) never heard of.

“The Wanderer”

Bryan Brown as both leads (twins, 1 good 1 evil). would have been on in the UK about 11 years ago. My, how time flies. Anyone else see this? I enjoyed it at the time.

also “Ultraviolet”

possibly the best vampire series I’ve ever seen.

Jonathan Creek and Gargoyles.
And I second Weird Science.

My boyfriend has an affliction for the original hentai Sailor Moon. To each his own.

I thought “High Incident” was pretty darn good. Apparently no one else did. :frowning:

Gah, no kidding. Friend downloaded the first episode specifically to show me and hurt me with.
My contribution: Good vs Evil. Weird cop show about demons and angels. Fun while it lasted.

Even though I’m not a sports fan, I love Cheap Seats, which owes as much to MST3K as it does Sports Center.

Ditto on the first season of Murder One.

And there was a short lived cartoon called O’Grady about a high school where random sci-fi type stuff happened with comic results. It had great dialogue.

It’s Your Move, which actually a lot of people have heard of, but never made it past 18 shows. As star David Garrison put it, “They moved us opposite ‘Dynasty’. We were funnier but they had better clothes.”

Max Headroom. So glad I taped almost all of it, it was sooooo prescient and started my Jeffrey Tambor love that continues with ‘Larry Sanders’ and ‘Arrested Development’.

Working It Out, a sweet little series shot in NYC that Jane Curtin did between ‘Kate and Allie’ and ‘Third Rock from the Sun’. Starring Garrison again, Stephen Collins, and a supporting cast of great NY theater actors.

I was the other person watching The Job. As soon as I can afford it I’m going down to Kim’s and grabbing those DVDs.

We could fill this thread with recent Fox casualties, of course: Wonderfalls, Action, Firefly…

Around ten years ago on UPN or something there was a show called Nowhere Man. It played like a season long episode of The Twilight Zone. Haven’t seen it since, but saw every episode when it was on.

Misfits of Science

I loved that show. But then again, I was 10 at the time.

Sometimes men are so…predictable!

So, apparently, I wasn’t the only person to watch this!

Am I being whoosed? This show inherited the mantle of Manimal.

Then Came Bronson. Sort of an NBC anticpates ‘Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance’ (for one season!).

They have the series out on DVD. Well worth it.

This is a hard topic for SD, no matter how obscure something is, there’s always some doper who has seen it.

So I know a lot of you have seen Freaks and Geeks, but not a lot of people who aren’t as [STRIKE]nerdy[/STRIKE] cultured as us have.

And I would kill for Clone High DVDs.

Toward the end I think the closest he got was getting himself and the good guy killed… where of course they were back the next week like nothing happened.
That show was great.
Anyone remember that show on the sci-fi channel about a guy who gets a job at a Weekly World News type tabloid and then discovers that everything thye print is real?
It featured Booger from Revenge of the Nerds (among other fantastic roles) as a porcine computer expert that the tabloid kept in the basement.
How about “Learning the Ropes” with Lyle Alzado? He played a high school english teacher by day… masked professional wrestler by night. Alot of episodes would feature a pro wrestling guest star as an opponent in the ring with him.
The only episode I remember was when he was going to get a manager who wanted to give him a push. He was given a new character who didn’t wear a mask… His kids were horrified that people might find out that their dad was a wrestler.

Was it released in the USA as “Two”?

One twin with green eyes, one with blue eyes?

-Joe?

Sure. “The Chronicle”. Great show. Wasn’t it on around the same time as Good vs Evil?

I could have sworn that this was out on DVD, but I can’t find it anywhere. Of course, trying to search for something called “The Games” is a little frustrating. Can anyone help?

The show may not be well remembered, but the theme song, “Long Lonesome Highway,” was a major hit.

Yeah War Next Door, GvsE and The Chronicle were on at the same time. The USA family of networks had this one season where thye laucnhed a bunch of original programming. They all quickly faded.