The Biden Administration: a puppy-hug in the making

A young male servant but that’s not important right now.

I would have gone with a National Lampoon-esque, “Get back on topic or we’ll shoot this dog”, just to see what happens…

Well, for one thing, I would have definitely bought your magazine.

So you think “being right” is the critical issue concerning you throwing a hissy fit over my comments about your dubious arguments in an inconsequential debate?

Oookay.

I think I’ll just back away slowly. Molten Dibble stains are so hard to get out of clothing, yanno?

No, U!

Like I said, a weak-ass motherfucker who pathetically tried to apply an already overly-misused debate “rule” for idiots - AKA step to me over trivial “anecdote” bullshit - and now is crawling away with their tail between their legs.

Don’t piss yourself on the way out, asshole…

Okay, now it’s time:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/85448899.jpg

I have no duty of care for that particular dog… :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, Cheeseface the dog has been dead since 1976 anyway.

I’m Horatius, and I approve this message.

I see your point but have gone the opposite way now that I’ve entered my 70s: I adopt senior cats, especially bonded pairs with medical issues, since I don’t want my pets to outlive me, they’re the hardest for shelters to find homes for, and they’re so affectionate once they settle in.

Yes, they don’t live long. I’ve lost one in less than a year, her brother is maybe a couple of weeks away from losing his long battle with bladder cancer, and I had to take another to the vet a week ago for the last goodbye. Painful? You damn betcha, but so rewarding to have enjoyed their company as long as possible, and no regrets at releasing them when their lives became a burden to them.

Reading that sortof post makes me feel good about being a Doper.

Thanks. I’m sitting here now reading the Dope with Cancer Boy purring in my lap, unaware his last vet appointment is six days away. Sucks more than I can express that it’s so soon, but quality not quantity of life is what matters for him, and it’s time to let go while the balance is still toward the former. At least I’ll be able to be with him through the end.

As a complete and utter crazy cat lady – thank you.

I never worry (much) about puppies and kittens in shelters, they’ll find a home and hopefully a good one. But the senior animals, especially cats, break my heart. I hope to be able to do the same a few years down the road.

Sad news for the Obamas on the (ex) First Dog front.

That honestly breaks my heart to read that. :frowning:

I think you misunderstood my dialect. To me, “seem to go together” does not indicate an absolute relationship. (I probably should have used “tend to go together” to be more clear.) Plus the order matters—I would not have said “Empathy for animals and for people seem to go together.” I know plenty of people who love animals but hate people.

Edit: please don’t shoot, @Gyrate I didn’t see you! Also, technically I’m not actually debating, but showing we don’t actually disagree.

Mods: please alter the OP title to:

And they call it,
Puppy huuuuuuhh, uh, uh, ugzzz… :dog: :heart:

It’s a tough week to get through for me. There’s no question it’s time, but that doesn’t help much. I’ll do what I must, then go home to the remaining felines and tend their needs for as long as they are with me. Because it’s what one must do, isn’t it?

Sad news for the Obamas indeed. Famous or obscure, wealthy or barely getting by, old, young, any walk of life, doesn’t matter: You give your heart to the critter(s), give them the best life you can, and give them the kindest release from life you can when that bitter time comes.

I guess you could say I really screwed the pooch!