The Big Bang Theory 1/3--The Egg Salad Equivalency

Sheldon should have been called into HR when he pulled the foam explosion practical joke on Kripke.

After Kripke pumped Helium into Sheldons office while he was doing a radio interview on NPR.

That was a physics experiment, subject to academic review, but not by HR.

I saw this coming but I was really hoping they would play this angle out a little more. She needed a way bigger lesson in humility in my opinion. She suffered all of what? A day?

Not an experiment, but retaliation and revenge on Kripke. And it happened when Kripke was giving a tour of his lab to some VIPs.

Not HR though. If anything, that would have gotten an internal review by both the Physics department and the University President’s office, seeing as it was the UP Sheldon foamed.

Of course, the other VIPs might have been impressed by the stunt and funded more projects. It is Caltech after all. They have a history of crazy.

I think there would be a notation in Sheldon Personnel File.

I think Sheldon has rarely worked with anyone else, so few opportunities to run afoul of HR.

hasn’t Sheldon had office and parking space confrontations that would have gotten some interaction with HR?

You’re not much fun in the lab, are you?

i see where this episode had 19 million viewers. a popular show.

nbc wasn’t airing its block of comedies, so that helped.

It had it’s funny moments, but Penny’s hair is getting worse. Looking like she stole Ric Flair’s peroxide kit.

There’s a trope (and I’m not searching TVTropes to find their name for it, who knows when I’d get back) concerning the “glasses automagically make a woman into a nerd” meme. Lots of other sites have made fun of this trope.

Leonard is smart and Internet savvy, so I was fully expecting him to react to Penny’s glasses thing with a “You’ve got to be kidding me.” But no, they went with the trite and absurd response. What a letdown as well as being out of character.

It was nice to see some sort of official response to Sheldon’s behavior, even though it really didn’t work nor was handled well. The show really needs to have the characters experience real-life consequences for some of their more egregious behavior.

Yes, because human sexual preferences/responses depend so much on how smart/Internet savvy you are.

No kidding. For all of the things they drag on through multiple episodes; the love triangle thing lasted what, 2 episodes? There was a lot of comedy that could have been mined from that.

Yes, because that would be comedy gold. Not.

This is a sit-com. Any resemblance to RL is purely coincidental. If real life consequences were important, Lucy would have been murdered by the end of the first season of I Love Lucy (not a bad idea in itself), Jessica Fletcher would never get invited anywhere, and Hawkeye Pierce would still be serving out his time in Leavenworth.

So what are the 4 state Capitals that are not served by the Interstate system?

Guessing:

Carson City
Juneau
Honolulu
Annapolis

Quick look at the map shows Dover and Pierre are not on Interstates, nor is Juneau. I don’t know if Honolulu counts as there are H-1, H-3 etc Interstates on Hawaii.

Jefferson City, MO is not on an Interstate, not even one with a 3-digit number, which denotes a loop or spur.

According tothis web site, in 2008 there were 5, Juneau, AK; Dover, DE; Jefferson City, MO; Carson City, NV; and Pierre, SD. There were some notes about ongoing construction, so maybe 1 of those now has an Interstate. Or Sheldon was constructing a trick question.

Putting this in the other thread about the current episode as well.