The big Bang Theory, Season 8, Episode 3 (September 29, 2014) -- "The First Pitch Insufficiency"

Count me in as also wishing they had let Howard’s plan actually work. I thought it was awesome when he made his speech and unveiled the Rover. To have it not work was a disappointment, and not a funny one.

She’s unsheathed her claws several times. There was the time she was Howard’s assistant when he put on a magic show for his cousin’s birthday party. And during the scavenger hunt where she was teamed up with Leonard. She gets away with it because she’s so damn cute. :smiley:

One chuckle at least.

Howard to Bernadette with the tape measure: “This is one time I don’t want you to lie to me about how long something is.”

But something has to go wrong or it turns into an ABC After School Special. I would have had him build some kind of pitching machine (air cannon?) into the rover, have it go horribly wrong and launch the ball at 200 mph or something.

This show has almost completed its transformation into Friends.

Or go the other direction and have the Rover so souped up (Howard overcompensating for something) that it goes flying around the ballpark in random directions, causing general mahem. But as a metaphor for Howard’s general physical inadequacies (can’t throw, can’t run, worried about the size of his member) a pathetic plodding towards homeplate worked OK I guess.

When has the show ever not been Friends?

One other obvious joke they missed was showing some other first pitch mishaps. 50 Cent makes Howard look even punier and his first pitch earlier this year was just atrocious.

Early seasons it was more like Seinfeld, I think, replacing the surrealism of the latter withe science and geekdom of the former. You had a group of dudes and one Queen Bee. Now that they’ve balanced the cast and seem to be dropping–or at least moving to the back-burner the science/geek stuff and replacing it with traditional relationship plots I agree with the earlier poster that it’s becomeFriends. I’m still watching but find myself enjoyingthe older syndicated shows I can see every night.

It’s sad when the only thing I’d care to mention about an episode is an actress’s hairstyle.

When I was young, I would occasionally be in the presence of girls who were “off”. They clearly had issues. They all wore their hair like Penny did in this episode. Short, slicked down, a small pin.

Well, if nothing else, the Vanity Cards have given us Penny’s real last name.

If true, quite a letdown.

Its a continuity break from Sheldon and (especially) Amy to claim their relationship is better than Leonard and Penny’s relationship.

Just two episodes ago, Amy’s was (IMO rightly) hurt that Sheldon called Leonard (and not Amy) to rescue him in a Arizona.

I agree. Let the poor bastard win sometimes.

I actually LOL’d.

Penelope? Of course Penelope. What else could it be? But now I’ll be picturing her climbing into her roadster and out driving Dick Dastardly.

P.S., I also go through that pee, don’t really gotta pee late at night in bed. The answer is always “stop wasting time. Get up and go to the bathroom, lazy!”