The Big Bang Theory, Season 9, Episode 11 (December 17, 2015) -- "The Opening Night Excitation"

Too late to edit, so let me add: Mayim’s blog about how she reconciles being an observant orthodox Jew and an actress on a popular network sitcom is interesting.

Apart from kveller.com, Mayim Bialik has just started a new blog that is about things other than being a Jewish mom, called Grok Nation.

NM, must read for comperhension. Thanks for the link to kveller.com.

All right, all right. After careful reading after a Blue Point Brewing Co. variety craft beer or five, I think I see what is going on here.

Maylim has a blog in which she writes about Hollywood and being an actress and an observant Jew called Grok Nation. Kveller.com is a site were Jewish people write about all things Jewish which Mayim contributes. Amy Farrah Fowler may or may not have a blog where she writes about what happens on TTBT.

Thanks and good night.

I was really pleased with this episode. There are so many wrong paths they might have taken, but they found the right one. The Shamy “after” scene told the whole story perfectly.

I also liked that Sheldon avoided his more recent ass-like behavior - he actually seemed to have grown up this episode. Here’s hoping this is a sign of the direction the show will follow now.

Great episode. And, to anyone who thought there was TOO MUCH Newhart, all I can say is Live Long and Suck It!! I love Bob N.

I’m so glad that they kept him around. In the episode where Prof. Proton died I thought that meant that Newhart was no longer interested in doing the show a couple times a season only to have him return as Obi-wan Proton! Genius.

“You- you’re dating her? You’re the genius.”

I lurves me some Bob Newhart, but it is hard to see him looking so old and frail. Mortality sucks sometimes…

Yeah. At times it looked more like he physically couldn’t say the words properly rather than acting that way.

I have tickets to see his show in January. I hope the “talks old and slow” is just acting, and that his show won’t be entirely at that pace.

The stammer has always been part of his act. Listen to his old “Buttoned-Down Mind” albums and you can hear him deliver his introductions smoothly and rapidly before picking up the telephone and putting on that voice. But it could be real now.

His speech on the show isn’t the same as in his old routines - it seems more… labored? I don’t get the sense that it was deliberate.

“Old and frail” are part of life . . . if you’re lucky enough to live that long.

Niven’s Law - “Old age isn’t for sissies.”

Of course, as Professor Proton, Newhart is playing an old man. But the stammer has always been part of his act.

My sentiments exactly!

So true!

I really enjoyed the episode. Sheldon and Amy handled things tactfully, and the look on Amy’s face afterward (plus her hair) was priceless. Great episode, and now I’m looking forward to how the series continues. I have a feeling that Sheldon and Amy won’t wait until her next birthday.