The Billion Dollar MMP

I’m starting to think Keith Richards is part cockroach. He’ll survive a nuclear blast.

Blurf!

It’s cold and David Bowie is no longer wit4us. :frowning:

I tell ya, when the world ends, it’ll be Keef and the roaches. I used to say my mother, too, but she died at age 90. Today is her birfday. I miss mom.

I did not buy a PB ticket. If I did, and I won, I’d sell my condo for $1 and buy an apartment in Paris, a house in London, a farm in Middleburg VA. I’d buy a bunch o’ horses and dogs and kittehs and guinea pigs. I’d buy my friends and family whatever they wanted. Then I would fund the effalump sanctuary in Tennessee and pay thugs to kill African poachers and the scum who hire the poachers.

Then I would buy a bunch of chips and cookies and watch teevee.

Getting ready to leave for the college.
I’m not looking forward to being out in the cold I’m turning into a wuss when it comes to weather.

I feel like I haven’t accomplished anything today.
Paid a few bills, transferred some money around to pay other bills, ran the dishwasher, washed a few dishes by hand, put the dog out, inventoried the food to see what I need to buy this week, made a grocery list.
Yep - done a lot of nothing.

Dinner will probably be sonic or roy rogers for me, taco hell for Sah-son.

Went back to bed. I think I picked up a bug from my co-irkers after being back in the orifice last week. Fever, sore throat, losing my voice. I think I need my own, personal bubble to exist in. :stuck_out_tongue:

And my cat just climbed me like a tree. This would be the one who couldn’t find the litter box. I got a completely new litter box (self cleaning), thoroughly cleaned the corner of the bathroom where it “hangs out”, got all new rugs for the bathroom. Finally the cat seems satisfied with the new arrangement. Which is good, because we were ended for not good things for cat. Like re-homing.

Off to work on fish tank for a bit, then more irk.

Home, frazzled after a very very busy day. And it was windy and cold when I left the office - THAT got my attention! :eek:

I feel like I’m the only person who isn’t melting down about David Bowie. Honestly, apart from Space Oddity and knowing he’s got a connection with Ziggy Stardust, I don’t know anything about him. Apart from thinking 69 is too young, it really doesn’t mean much to me. For the record, I didn’t get all upset when Davy Jones died, and I was a hardcore Monkee maniac in junior high. Maybe I’m just cold and heartless. But I am still nice, dammit!

**FCD **doesn’t feel like eating and I’m starved. I’ll probably just make a sammich. Or have some cottage cheese and fruit - that has possibilities.

Glad to be home, tho.

Howdy Y’all! Irk has been survived. YAY! We had an early dindin cause OYKW has a meetin’ tonight, poor thing. He is also leavin’ in the mornin’ to drive to Etlanner for a conference that starts tomorrow afternoon and ends at noon on Firday. Thus I shall be sans adult supervision until Firday evenin’. I just hope I don’t go too wild. :smiley:

I am sad about David Bowie as well. My oldest brother will be sixty-nine in April. That kinda hits close to home.

I am in possession of two lottery tickets. I splurged.

And Stevie Ray Vaughan. That will be a hell of a show…

I am still at irk for another half hour and have been talking to my clerk about how to spend the 3/4 of a billion dollars should I will the lotto. I have nothing.

Win it or will it.

Keef, the roaches, and some Maraschino cherries my sister buried in the back yard in 1968.

Breakfast and lunch are packed for tomorrow, and I emptied and started refilling the dishwasher. I had a sammich and some chips, but we don’t have anything sweet, dammit. Oh well.

Hey, when I hit the lottery, do you think I could arrange to have Trump abducted by one of those space ships that always seem to abduct rednecks?? Do aliens take dollars?

:smiley:

Why do you think he has “Sympathy for the Devil”? I believe that was part of the deal; no drug ODs/long life in exchange for soul & some good publicity in terms of that song.

You could give some to your favorite superhero mumper. (I’d give you first flight in my new balloon.) :slight_smile:

I bought powerbaLL tickets with folks at work. Even after taxes we’d each get around 100 million dollars.

We’ll have the Dopefest to end all Dopefests! I’ll pay for a floor, just for us, at a hotel. We can eat and drink and have fund.

I’m not melting down over David Bowie. I’m a little surprised he went so soon, and I like a lot of his work - but I never liked him the person. Lemmy bothered me more, I think he is somebody I would have liked and gotten along with.

Back from the orientation, and it is so cold out. I had to run the truck every 5 minutes or so to get warm. Sah-son didn’t get one of his books, they were out of stock. He needs to let the professor know but I am going to try to find it online and see if we can get it faster that way. He needs the software that comes with the book to do the assignments and that can’t wait a week for the book to come in.
I wanted him to go this morning, it would have been in. Several classmates came in late to the orientation because they stopped at the book store on the way in and got the book.

Got my powerballs.

Some poor woman was standing out in front of the store, freezing and with a broken arm, and she asked if I could give her a ride. No room in the pickup, so I got out of that one. I didn’t want to be mean, but I got a bad vibe off of her.

So much for thinking I could find the textbook.
I found one other place that carries it and they are out of stock.

I shall retire to the boudoir to watch teevee until sleepy time. I’m a tahrd bear.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

De-lurking to post my newest poison pen letter. Identities obfuscated to protect the guilty.

Mebbe I shouldn’t hold back and let them know exactly what I think…

This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. :smack:

And Abe Vigoda. Don’t forget Abe.

You tell 'em Bbboooobbbbiiiiooo! Had to look up keef although I knew what it was. I see that is Keith’s nickname.