The Billion Dollar MMP

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 29 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 49 for the day. More of a January Winter’s Day in south Jawja that it’s been all year so far. Yay for that cause freezin’ weather is needed even though I don’t like cold.

So, the big question is, how many of us have bought or will buy tickets for Powerball? I haven’t yet but I will stop by the local convenience sto’ today for a quick pick. I don’t do any special numbers because I figure if it’s gonna happen it will happen with random numbers so a quick pick is as good as any. Plus, yes, only one. It’s fun to dream but don’t spend the grocery money I say. :smiley:

OK, I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas and alack, 'tis Moanday so purtification for irk must commence.

Happy Moanday Y’all! Hijack away!

We got 10 tickets yesterday. We hid them in a ceramic pot because Taz eats paper and I won’t take any chances. **FCD **may also buy into the work pool, so we may have more chances. Also quick picks - random is random.

Good morning! Temps hovering around freezing, rather than the low 20s I expected, so that’s good. My desk was covered with stuff to do, so that’s good too.

On that note, I shall begin work.

Happy Moanday!!

Second! Woot!

It’s turned colder over here, finally might see some proper winter weather although I have yet to get the winter-weight duvet out. It’s dry for a change too, I’m bored with all the wet weather we’ve been having recently.

We don’t get your powerball wossname here but we did have a massive jackpot of nearly £60m in our weekly lottery. It had rolled over for 14 weeks to a level that hasn’t been seen on that particular lottery for a very long time. I did buy a ticket and won the largest amount I’ve ever won on a lottery ticket. A whopping £25 which at today’s rates is $36.41 so obvioulsy I had to consider whether or not it was worth coming into work today.

I did come in quite late though, I was waiting for a parcel delivery that I didn’t want them to leave in the porch all day because it’s a large quantity of meat. Fortunately the driver turned up at 8.30am so my parcel is now sitting in the kitchen and I can sort it out when I get home later tonight.

It may be the first woot, but it’s the second post! :smiley:

I’ve got my new ID!

Yay!

Now the full legal form of my name is “only” five words, down from eight.

My state doesn’t do Powerball. Sad

I will be buying my tickets today, so the rest of all y’all can throw yours away, because I’m going to win.
Blurf.
Be sure to check today’s dream report on facebook :wink wink:

Went up to Tennessee Sunday, figuring to beat the crowds on Tuesday and Wednesday…line was 20+ long at the place I stopped, and it looked like every other place was doing the same level of business, so I don’t think they’ll have any trouble covering the amount they are predicting.

But really, can anybody here imagine what it would be like to win that much? Yeah, I’ve occasionally fantasied about winning $70-80M and what I would do, but this is ten times that…like Vizzini says, it’s Inconceivable (and I do know what that word means).

Still, I did have one bit of luck gambling; while standing in line I was next to one of those quarter machines (you know, the ones with the pusher-arms that leave numerous quarters hanging over the edge, and you feed quarters in to try and get them to drop) so I put one quarter in and got three to drop. Maybe a sign of good luck?

Otherwise, cold and dry in North Ali-bama this week. Powerball and the College National Championship are the only topics of conversation in the state today.

I’m about to take my car back to the Subiesaurus. I should have done this about fifteen minutes ago but I was suddenly alerted that I need to go into mourning for David Bowie.

:(:(:frowning:

Up, caffeinated, working closing shift. I’m gonna go do laundry before work. I bought my Powerball ticket last night. I’m in my Hockey Peeps pool, so if we win, I may end up with “only” $80million.:smiley:

“Planet Earth is blue
And there’s nothing I can do.”
:frowning:

Morning, coffee, music, SDMB, etc.

When I turned on the radio this morning, and they were playing David Bowie songs, I thought it was just because of his new album, but then I heard the news.

And he knew. Bowie knew. He said the album that was released on Friday was his farewell gift. I thought that meant he was retiring from music to pursue something else.

Sad about David Bowie. Very sad. :frowning:

And, yes, we have bought tickets. I’m not greedy. I’ll take 5 numbers. :slight_smile: Although my daughter and I have were having fun thinking about what we might do with more.

Working from home today. And it looks like a day off from El Nino, which is fine. I like the rain, but my little dog (who is blind) has trouble with it. I think it messes with her smelling ability, which is how she navigates the yard. Plus (from what I can tell) she thinks that getting her feet wet is yucky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Must go chase daughter, who is lagging this morning. I remember when she was a toddler who woke up early and happy. It’s a little sad to see her joining the human race and not welcoming the start of the week.

He was scheduled to do another duet with Freddie Mercury in Rock Heaven.

MY CAR IS FIXED! I can run the heat full blast without having to crack a window and my wipers don’t flap around anymore! I also got part of a conversation written while I was waiting at the shop. :smiley:

Now it is laundry time.

****BIG BLUE BLURF

Irking of course. Weather here is overcast and was 67F when I drove in this morning. The air conditioner is on as always.

Happy Moanday all!!!
BLURF

Same here. For my age I am somewhat of a freak; never much of a Beatles fan although Lennon impressed me. But Bowie and Reed I just always loved.

On the OP – the Old Wench will be snagging our tickets. In honor of the huge pay-out we’re going to splurge on 5 tickets.

I suggest we try/perfect the approach using snakes. You know – sort of small scale. And from there we can advance to larger projectiles.

Lunch break. Boy howdy, is Jason keeping me busy after all the idle time I suffered!! It’s good busy - lunch snuck up on me. And having a break is necessary right now - I was starting to stress myself for no good reason. Deep, calming breaths…

:smiley:

I think it was **Butters **in the last MMP who suggested I put tomatoes in my soup to counteract the thyme. I’d already used 'maters, plus corn, peas, green beans, carrots, celery, cabbage, onions, and barley. Today, the thyme seems less overwhelming, so maybe it just needed to hang with the rest of the stuff to mellow itself. Yes, I’m having soup for lunch. Yum!

And now, off to surf other stuff for a few. :smiley:

Happy Moonday!

I overslept and don’t feel too happy about it. I have a lot to do and not sure in what order it needs to be done.

It’s a sunny 28 degrees outside. Unfortunately, I have to go out into it to drive Sah-son to the college. This orientation may also cause me to be late for irk. I have to remember to send them a note saying I may be late. Then again on Wednesday.

I’m hungry and grumpy again, I think grumpy is becoming my normal state of being. I need to find a way to adjust my attitude.

I’ll be getting some powerball tickets sometime while I’m out today. Probably three, three is a nice number. I suspect though, there will be more than one winner if anybody wins this time.
No matter, I cannot conceive of spending that much money.
I used to think I would share but now I look at the lazy ass screw-ups around me and I’m likely to say NOPE - I’m not going to support your lazy ass.
One of my friends - who would get a huge check from me - says to tell them that I will match their income. You don’t work, you don’t get shit. Spend the money on drugs and you get cut off - PERIOD! I’m not supporting any drug cartels or terrorists.

The problem is, the way I see it, is if you win that kind of money, no matter what you do give people it will never be enough. A few will be thankful, but most will sit back and say * she has all that money and all she gave me is a measly mil.* Whatever you give them, they will blow through it and come back with their hand out wanting more.

Best thing to do if I win is sit back, keep my mouth shut and find a way to help people anonymously.
However, if y’all start getting new computers, new cars, tickets for a cruises, tickets for China, or a herd of pugs - don’t look at me, I know nothing about it.

Happy Moansday, everyone! When I win the Powerball on Wednesday, I will have a gathering of all of us Mumpers, spouses, and whoever else wants to show up. All expenses paid!

So this week is the Pennsylvania Farm Show, or the state fair on whatever the exact opposite of steroids is. The sprog and I didn’t eat all the things, but we gave it a shot.

Woke up to news of David Bowie’s death. I feel like I’ve been punched. I never thought Keith Richards would outlive David Bowie. Who am I kidding? Keith Richards will outlive everyone.

Yesterday was bitter cold and I had a migraine. I stayed home and talked to no one but the cat. She answered because she wanted fuds.