Brrrrrrrrrr in the MMP

Cold here this morning with “cold” being subjective. What’s your weather situation?
Oh, it is 55F.

We have FOURTEEN WHOLE DEGREES!!! But the sun is supposed to come out and we might actually see 40° this afternoon!

55° indeed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Last night around 9, my boss texted all of us to not show up at work until 11 today. Anyone who looked on the base website would have known that, but it was nice of him anyway. What wasn’t so nice were the 5 idiots who hit “Reply All”, sharing such gems as “OK”, “got it”, and “All right.” So now I know half of my coworkers are idiots. And it cost me a buck to find that out, since I get charged 20¢ per text. Yeah, yeah, it’s pay-as-you-go so I have to pay anyway and it’s not like I use my phone much, but it’s the principle of the thing! That, and I was trying to get organized for bed and the stoopit phone buzz was distracting and annoying.

Other than that, it’s another freekin’ day in paradise. **FCD **has left - I should have given him a little more room to get the truck out, but I’m not digging any more today. Since I don’t have to report till 11, I’m having a leisurely breakfast PB&J and I’ll stop at Food Lion on the way in to get some bread, since being housebound depleted our supply. OK, we’d have eaten it anyway, but still…

Whatever.

Happy Moanday!!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 30 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 64 and sunny for the day.

OK, that’s all I got. I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Since 'tis Moanday, alack and alas, irk purtification must also commence. I shall make a quick stop at the orifice and then head down to the south forty to do an enrollment and deal with a problem. Just the thing one wants on a Moanday, a problem.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

You’re whining about 55˚? Wimp.

According to the news on the radio, it’s 30˚ in NYC, so it’s colder here on the Guylindt. It might go as high as 36˚ today, which means black ice all over the place tomorrow.

The crew did an excellent job with the walkways, but I haven’t seen the parking lot yet. I’m not hopeful. There’s only so much they can do with machines while everyone’s cars are still parked. And I’ve never seen the crew with actual shovels.

also blurf. Now you know it’s morning. Had I not blurfed, you’d be wondering.

I’m up, caffeinated, and sheveled. It’s 26 degrees at the moment. I slipped on the ice in the parking lot last night. I was OK at first. but woke up with my wrist hurting. Tired ,hurt, and working a 14 hour day. It must be Moanday.:smack:*

*Ow. Nest time smack self with uninjured hand

Happy Moonday!

It’s cold 15 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 34.

I’m up too early, I’ll take a nap later.

Today is like every other day, nothing special going on.
I think I am the most boring person in the room.

Happy Monday, or as I’m calling it, Sunday 2: Snow sucks.

We got slammed with 30 or so inches of snow on Saturday. Airman, the sprog, and a couple of neighborhood kids dug out both cars, so we should be good there. The roads are also open, so I can go places, which is good. Irk is cancelled, anyway, so it’s not like I need to go anywhere until this afternoon, and school is cancelled, so the sprog doesn’t have to go out in this mess. At least the highs will be above freezing all week and into the 40s next week, so here’s hoping.

I think I’m going to go back to bed now.

Blurf.

Read the location field to the upper right of this post and reach your own conclusions. :smiley:

So, we’re all going to visit JRDelirious? :smiley:

It’s 23F and gorgeously sunny! I’m sitting in front of my sun-replacement-lamp for my half-hour of fake sunlight for the day (which is doing wonders for my energy level). After that, get dressed and so on for work. Training at work today, but otherwise should be productive (no meetings!).

I could use another holiday soon, though. The next work holiday isn’t until Memorial Day. That’s a long stretch.

Its the coldest day in Bangkok its been in the two years I’ve been living here. 16 degrees celsius. Its actually rather pleasant after the usual constant 30 degree plus heat which is the norm for 10 months of the year.

45 as of right now, projected high 61, tonight’s low predicted to be 39.

Moanday blurf, with a side of “I hate that stupid printer that’s going to take up DH’s day off”.

Good morning!

Waking up, about ready to go to work. Not feeling well but it would be poor form to call in today. Perhaps tomorrow.

Put a video on YouTube last night: DC to Annapolis in 5 minutes; the drive Saturday Night after the blizzard ended.

That’s all I got. Have a good week everyone.

Nothing like a carnival ride first thing in the am. Made me dizzy.

**Tugig **- I’m impressed that you nearly got up to 60MPH a few times. I doubt I’d have gone over 45 at most. I’m also impressed that I recognized (I think) parts of Annapolis. :smiley: How long did the trip take in real time?

About an hour. Not too far off from a regular commute. No traffic and few lights made up for slower speed.

40 F here and heading for 55 F today, so it looks like North Ali-Bama has had it’s winter (all 2-3" of it). Looked at the Weather Underground site and they are predicting 65 F by the weekend.

Made the decision yesterday that my retirement trip for 2016 will be China; one of the three places in the world I told myself long ago I would see if I could (been to England and Africa, the other two, already). Now just got to find a good tour that hits everything I want and doesn’t impoverish me to greatly.

Otherwise, just another day in the countdown (68 workdays to go).

I’m showered, I’m dressed, and I think I’ll venture out and do my assorted errands before work. I’ve unloaded the dishwasher here and put everything away - go me! :smiley:

But happy fun time is over. Into the cold!!!

BYOB

Though if all things align right I’m looking at no less than 50/50 chance of being relocated to DC at this time next year so now I’m mildly apprehensive…

Yesterday I had to remove a walrus from the computer desk. It wasn’t easy!

I call her a walrus because she weighs 19 pounds (!!) She came to us that size. And yes, we are putting her on a diet.

Penny is the fattest cat I’ve ever seen. (Like I said, we don’t intend to keep it that way.) She is very, very friendly, outgoing, and happy.

We just got her yesterday, and I don’t have any pictures yet, but I’ll post some at some point.

Yay Midget on the new kitty.

At irk of course. Where else would I be?

Dooooggggiooooo I told you to be careful.