The Book of Eli...MASSIVE unboxed spoiler

Exactly. And : Eli has major burns from the sun (the giant hole in the ozone layer) … on his back! But apart from sun glasses nobody uses any skin protection (on the face).

I saw Eli with my son a few days ago.

I can’t say that I’ve disliked a movie that much since Bad Santa.

What a moronic, unsupported premise. I mean, I’m as willing as the next guy to suspend disbelief, bat that ‘denouement’ was pure bullshit.

Crap picture. .0000000108 stars.

We’re never told that the burns are from the sun. He just has burns.

And considering Apocalypse Junk Dealer Tom Waits’ first counter
offer for their barter was to ask about chapstick-- that stuff is probably highly sought after but in short supply.
Another- he’s blind! clue is when he shows off the zippo. He runs his hand over the flame to check to see that it actually lit. But curiously he also says its American made- the Zippo has an American flag design on it. Now- are all zippos made in America? It seemed at the time he said it was American made because of the design but how would he know if he was blind?

I interpereted it (aka fanwanked it) as this: When he had the bible in his possession, he could “see,” whether it was actual sight throught his eyes or some sensation that was effectively the same. After the bible was taken from him, he was blind again, but still retained a lot of the protection and sensation and stuff that he had had before because he still had the bible “in” him.

All that time he spent up on rises looking at stuff suggests he wasn’t blind.

And the fact that the braille bible was so small really threw me. And I don’t know nuthin’ about braille and stuff except that braille texts are BIG! That was a moment where my willing suspension of disbelief went kablooie.

I know, right? I was sitting there like “why don’t you morons put on a damn hat or something?”

Check out Roger Ebert’s review: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100113/REVIEWS/100119990

Tall bald guys! Hee!

Posting here because the newer thread is non-spoiler.

Seen this in the cinema a few weeks back and loved it. Was bored last night, so went to a certain online movies site and started to watch it again. And so to my question…

The picture on my laptop, from an obviously pirated version of the film was pretty crap, crap enough I didnt bother watching all the way through.

But…there are a number of scenes within the first 10/15 minutes where “Eli’s” eyes are clearly shown to the camera. As an example, when the mouse is attracted to his campfire in the house at the beginning, the camera is pointed directly at Eli/Denzels face for a good 20 seconds, with his glasses off.

There were other examples of this. Now, my picture was rubbish enough that I couldnt tell, but had Denzels eyes the same blue/obviously blind look that was shown at the end reveal? I don’t think they did.

I literally just finished watching the movie, and there isn’t any point where he has cataracts. I’ve gone through the entire ending scenes several times, and I’m just not seeing it. (heh).

In retrospect, there are clues. Like repeatedly hitting the play button on the IPOD. Finding the attackers by smell, knowing how to easily signal Claudia by scratching his shirt.

But at the same time, he keeps doing things like he is sighted. Like watching Claudia’s reaction to scratching his shirt.

I couldn’t see what they were trying to show was wrong with his eyes. I kept looking thinking “what am I missing here?”

I also missed the beginning scene because the theater had the lights up when the movie started, so I went to inform someone. I saw the body and the cat, then came back while he was staring at the sky. I made it through the rest of the movie without being lost, but was annoyed by missing that scene. I assume he shot the cat with his bow?

Another thing that bugged me - with water so scarce, he has just 1 canteen? When Solara says he can take all the water he/they can carry, that consists of 1 canteen? Really?

God will provide.

Yeah, that annoyed the hell out of me, too.

And the “shhhhhhhhh” to the girl just before he shot the bird with his arrow. In that moment I thought he was listening to the approaching cars, but no, actually he was aiming by sound.