The Bookshelf Photo-Thread

I’d play along but lack of digital camera disallows it.
May I describe them though?

At my Mom’s house my old bedroom has 4 bookcases - 4 shelves each.
Far Left: College text books from 19 years ago (wow - I feel old now), primarily the education texts and religion textbooks
Next Over: Split between “Great Literature” and drama. Lots of Penguin books and anthologies. The Kid loves it - she “shops” for books here.
Next Over: All sheet music / binders. And a music stand.
Far Right: My mom took it over for her VHS movies.

Here at home:
Downstairs: A narrowish 4 shelf with only cookbooks. Yeah, I collect them.
Downstairs: Big 5 shelf full of mass paperbacks, primarily whodunits and horror, with a few schmaltzy romances thrown in.
My bedroom: 3 shelf with current mass paperbacks, one shelf is reserved for library materials (I hate overdue fines!)
Living Room: Every end table has both my and The Kids books stacked underneath on their shelves.

This is after a purge about 6 months ago. Oy.

Here is one particular shelf of mine, illustrating my particular area of geekdom.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32738813@N00/1119527954/

Acid Lamp and I have a few too many books to photograph shelf by shelf, but here’s a peek at what our library collection looks like right now.
This is mostly fiction, but has become a bit disorganized. This is mostly dedicated to oversize, rare, leatherbound and reference books.

nashiitashii, I think you got your captions backwards, but you definately have the coolest bookshelf so far.

Office
Bedroom (Books I haven’t read yet.)
Living room 1
Living room 2
Living room 3

:smiley: I thought about taking a picture of Mount To-Be-Read in my bedroom, but decided against it.

You’re right, they are backwards captioned! Whoops! :smack:

In the original photos, you could read all the titles on the books in the open bookcase; however, Flickr shrunk it down to a less readable size. :smack:

We moved a year ago and mine are still in boxes. Many, many, many opened rifled through boxes. :frowning:

By God, I’m not going to do all the bookcases!

A sampling of the ones closest to me right now.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Man, I need to dust!

Silenus, so far you’re the only person with whom I share any books.

What does that say about you? Or me, for that matter? :smiley:

Which ones?

That great minds think alike. Or that fools seldom vary.

We both seem to like S.M. Stirling. And a book on the Raj.

And here is a book shelf with some other media.

And below that.

And even lower.