The Boys S3

It’s his genuine care for animal life, if you want to show someone in a good light show that they love animals. Also he is the only one besides Starlight who tried to stand up to Vought and do the right thing. Of course he is also a rapist and a coward so all that only goes so far.

Doucheboy rapist is hard to feel bad for.

Im on S1 E8

I see Jim Beaver is appearing. Anyone remember the old Usenet Straight Dope and how Jim would post there? Glad to see he still works

I miss jumblejim. Hard to believe he hasn’t posted in more then 15 years. I’m going to miss Aya Cash as Stormfront from The Boys. She played that role of an unrelenting piece of shit, and she acted the hell out of it. For a completely different take on a character, check out her acting in Welcome to Flatch on Fox. It’s like Jekyll and Hyde.

Speaking of which, I wonder if that’s why she was killed off. It’s kinda weird for her to survive the attack only to die two episodes later. I bet they had bigger plans for the character.

Could be. Welcome to Flatch has been renewed, although I think it is the lowest rated show to have received a renewal. I’m pleased by the renewal, because I’m enjoying the show, and frankly, because I get the occasional background actor gig and I’ve gotten some work out of it. I have no idea how the money for principal actors compares between working on a network show like Fox or Amazon Prime. They did announce the renewal before Stormfront “Million Dollar Babied” herself, so it’s possible. Maybe Aya Cash; given the choice, was tired of playing an unrepentant Nazi.

Season 3 wrapped up filming back in September 2021, the first episode of “Welcome to Flatch” didn’t even air until March 2022. There’s no way her being written out of The Boys is related to this new show she’s in.

The premiere was delayed. It looks like she was cast in Flatch in June 2020, and they started filming in December. Boys season 3 started filming in February so they would’ve been filming around the same time.

Are we referring to the scene where The Deep tells Starlight to go down on him? That is more sexual harassment, since she could have said “Fuck the Seven” and walked out.

It is the equivalent of a boss demanding sexual favors for a promotion.

However, still super skeevy and creepy.

No, it’s rape.

Modnote: This argument is not happening in this thread. I think it was already over argued in The Boys Season 1 thread anyway.

Good idea.

So i just finished S1E8…holy crap…couple of Q’s…

What a show!! But:

It only kinda just now seems to have a lot of traction with the usual YT channels that devote so much time to Star Wars and MCU eps. New Rockstars and Emergency Awesome and others. I mean, if they did do shows for it in the beginning, I can’t find it. This is a great superhero show so i guess my Q is why did it take so long to get so much traction…or am I just wrong?

Is there a name for the trope of…Ok now you’re just making shows to make shows or as Homelander said “Sequel after sequel after sequel”…where you twist characterization to keep certain people alive or storylines going when they should have stopped? Just wondering…cause im sure I will love S2 and S3, but I can also see this trope happening.

So having

Homelander kill Supersonic

just feels like a waste and pointlessly grimdark brutality. What does it add? We didn’t even get to see his powers or anything!

I would say the big thing is showing that we can’t trust A-Train and all his attempts at “redemption” are just lip service.

That happening was the only point of that character having been introduced.

Basic storytelling. Season starts out with Team Boys feeling like they are in an okay place. Arc has to be to have them broken to a near hopeless point, team falling apart, in order to have the comeback inning powered by some twist.

My big questions:

Edgar? No back up plan for when Homelander no longer needs his surrogate daddy approval?

Team left Russia still with no idea what the weapon was. Nor any curiosity as to how the equipment there was able to keep SB … subdued? … until they tore the door off?

Is the Black Noir of the flashback the same as current? Who knows who or what inhabits the costume …

Well they were looking for the weapon that killed Soldier Boy. He’s not dead. Also Kimiko was(is?) dying.

Yes on Kimiko (albeit I’d think her self healing either kicks in or doesn’t no matter what they do), but the ability to incapacitate indefinitely (until idiots undo the cell) is pretty big to ignore.

To be fair, it was Butcher who opened the cell, everyone else was doing something useful like collecting files and paperwork.

And it’s utterly hilarious that petit Hughie gets a great power like teleportation, but he leaves his clothes behind. Though it looks like he got super strength as well.

Shared to me in a different thread -

This is too weird to be just coincidence!