The Boys S3

Yeah. I think A-Train is acting like a stereotypical celebrity to set up some major plot point. Maybe betrayal, or maybe redemption followed by a new speedster running into him and leaving a cloud of smithereens behind.

Even if he was not dead they still beat him and kept him prisoner for half a century. Whatever they had was still worth getting.

Deleted because it was an open spoiler and I am not sure that is cool in this thread.

If it is a spoiler of the TV Show it is OK, but still best to use Spoiler Tags, if it is a spoiler from the Comic, please ensure you spoiler it and warn it is from the comic.

I mean, unless you’ve got some extra information, we don’t really know if the “secret weapon” plotline is over. They had to get out of there to save Kimiko. That’s the end of the episode.

Or the secret weapon is just a MacGuffin to set Soldier Boy free. Maybe Maeve set Butcher on this path (with some complimentary V24) because she thinks Soldier Boy is the “secret weapon” they need to kill Homelander.

I’ve only ever seen the promos, but Deep looks like he would fit right in with the “Jersey Shore” nonentities.

Just watched S3E5. See if you can guess which part I found most entertaining.

Do you buy that Homelander ever cared about Maeve? Or was it more “Woe is me”? I think there are little (very little) inklings of empathy in there. It certainly makes him more of a monster.

I don’t believe he has any ability to feel empathy or sympathy at all. To the extent he cared, it was solely because he felt personally deprived of something he wanted. That’s my view.

I can certainly see that, but I also got the very faint impression that he was happy he had a son. But again, he probably just saw Ryan as a thing and not a real person, especially since he doesn’t have any idea what “being a person” means. Poor bastard.

Homelander is a spoiled child. His emotions are poorly developed, and others have played some serious headgames with him. So at this point I doubt he gives a fuck about any other person on Earth.

It seems very unlikely that Soldier Boy would want to actually take on Homelander. There is zero benefit there for him.

Unless he wants back at the top. He was basically the Homelander of his time.

Yeah, it seemed like he wasn’t pleased when he saw the big mural of Homelander. I think trying to sell him on becoming top dog again will be the plan.

There seemed to be something a bit Cabinet-Room-circa-January-2017-esque about Homelander’s first Board meeting. Did anyone else think so?

The musical number?

Oh, yeah.

I’m glad that part ended happily.

Other than, you know, Frenchie being kidnapped.