The "Brag On Your Kid" Thread

The other night at the library a mom was complaining about how her kids want every thing in every commercial. I looked down at my four and half year old son ( who could be The Perfect Child if it weren’t trademarked…grumble.) and asked him (hoping he would ‘perform’)

Me:" What is a commercial?"

“Someone trying to sell you something you do not need.”

Me: What happens if you watch too much TV?

" Your brain turns to mush."
He was quite the hit and now I’m thinking of taking him to Vegas :smiley:

haardvark: don’t worry if she gets carrots in her hair on occasion. She probably knows that some of us are partial to redheads. (Hiya, Pers - how are you doin?) :smiley:

InternetLegend, maybe we did. His team competed in the structure problem last year at the middle school level. We’re from Michigan, and had some of those “bugs in the swamp” pins to trade. And we’ll be considering the fundraising stuff soon, I think. Wanna buy a candy bar? What problem did your daughter’s team pick last year?

My son decided that puree’d peaches were the next best thing to breast milk and ate a whole jar of them! Also, tooth number four is coming in; complete with temperature and general crankyness.

He’s a good kid.

Congrats to all your kids!

My daughter won the 14-17 year old Jumper championship at the Cow Palace in San Francisco last weekend! She got a cooler for her
horse (a horse cooler is a blanket, not something to cool down your horse!) which she has put on her bed as an extra blanket. She also got lots of cool ribbons to add to her collection.

My older daughter is pulling in money without working, because the episodes of “The Adventures of Pete and Pete” she acted in are rerunning on Noggin.

my mom isn’t here to brag about me(nor should/would she, as I’m not that good of a kid) but I would just like to say this:

I’m very good at reading.
I read at a university graduate’s level in frade 5. I read teh chrysalids when I was 8.

I feel so proud of myself… tahts pretty much the only “accomplished” thing about me.

Oh, I can quote ophelia, from shakespear.
“oh, what a noble mind is here orethrown…”
Pathetic, No?

Wow! A place where I can put this and not feel weird. My middle kid has had a good couple of weeks.
The report card came in, all A’s, with a GPA of 4.75.
We went to Parent-Teacher conferences and heard from every teacher that she is a joy to have in class.
And then there was the volleyball banquet. All-Conference Honorable Mention - Spiker, Best Defensive Player, Most Improved Player. Did I mention she’s one of two sophomores on the varsity team, and the youngest?

(O course, she didn’t get MVP. Maybe I should sue? :wink: )

I love reading this thread. Lot of good kids around, doing really special things.

My daughter (her of the ritalin thread fame) has been bumped up to 2nd grade for reading, and she’s running rings around them too.

My son last week started all-of-a-sudden reading car models and makes. It’s a good start.
Cutest sight in the world: lanky red-headed girl sitting at the table munching on cereal, comic book propped up on the barbie…

Aaron took his first cereal the other night. He seemed to know what the spoon was for, because he scraped the cereal off it and closed his mouth around it, as opposed to having me dribble it into his mouth. I can’t say he was thrilled with it, though. He ended up with food all over his body: In his hair, his face, his hands, everywhere.

Robin

Well, in addition to survivng (apparently unscathed for the most part) for 11+ months (so far) after no one imagined in their wildest dreams that she would survive her first 24 hours…

Emma Kate (now known affectionately as Emmy) is doing amazingly well. She is astounding all of her health care professionals. She has been cleared by her Respiratory physician–she no longer sees him. Her pediatric opthamologist has cleared her and she no longer sees him. And just last week, her regular pediatrician said that so far as he is concerned, she is no longer medically a preemie–she is just a regular little baby who just happens to be a little small for her age.

So far as her recent accomplishments go: She is almost one year old, is finally getting some hair, is 25 1/4’ long, weighs just over 15 lbs, is “talking” up a storm, can say “Dada”, “Mama”, “OK”, “Hey” and “Hi” very clearly, can crawl anywhere–very quickly, eats lots of different foods, is moving to whole milk from formula next month, can pull up to a standing position in her bed, and appears to have a good sense of humor!

She is the most wonderful living creature. Of course, I’m a tad biased!

I’ve got Twin Boys.

Aaaaand a Tape of the Ultrasound showing Alex with the hiccups, yawning and going back to sleep.

(and yes, we’ll be able to tell them apart once they’re born. Alex is the Tank, Collin is the wiggly one.)

Now for someone to tell us about their kid who’s just a gleam in their eye. :wink:

Thanks for the update. We’re all biased around here toward Emmy! She’s the Straight Dope Wonder Child[sup]TM[/sup]!

I’m honestly glad that she’s such a handful. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

Well, those are all very nice accomplishments. Very nice.

But my kid was told by her doctor that she had “astounding head control.” Yup! ::bursting with pride::

This was at her 6-days-old check-up. Are you more impressed now? :slight_smile: