The Celebrity Death Pool 2007

[QUOTE=Sternvogel]
I haven’t found any mainstream media confirmation of Robert Anton Wilson’s death, but here’s a relevant blog entry.

My streak of getting at least one “hit” in each of my four years of Celebrity Death Pool participation continues:

2004: Uta Hagen, Betty Hill, and Alan King
2005: Arthur Miller
2006: Lou Rawls
2007: RAW (with others to follow?)
[/QUOTE]

I saw the announcement on his website too but now of the usual suspects have picked it up. hmmmmmmm

Anyway, RAW popped my cherry! And I have a good feeling about 3 of my other picks…
FNORD

Michael Brecker has died.

13 days too late for pointage.

Alice Coltrane, jazz performer, composer and wife of the late jazz great John Coltrane, has died at the age of 69.

Tonight’s CSI has a Celebrity Death Pool storyline! Hmm, did one suspect kill a celebrity to win their pool??
Course, they’re offshore betting ten grand in theirs, lucky bastards.

See, that’s why we have rules against that.

Castro moves to #1 with a bullet.

I hope that’s not a Death Pool faux pas…

Anyone want to place any bets as to how soon the Cuban embargo gets dropped after Castro dies? I’m guessing within the next couple months. By the end of the year for sure.

Come on, Fidel! Daddy needs some points!

[QUOTE=Diceman]
Anyone want to place any bets as to how soon the Cuban embargo gets dropped after Castro dies? I’m guessing within the next couple months. By the end of the year for sure.
[/QUOTE]
I’ll take that bet. Care to make it interesting?

[QUOTE=Fear Itself]
I’ll take that bet. Care to make it interesting?
[/QUOTE]

I’ll wager the communist government collapses entirely within a year of Fidel assuming room temperature.

[QUOTE=VunderBob]
I’ll wager the communist government collapses entirely within a year of Fidel assuming room temperature.
[/QUOTE]
The bet was on the embargo, but I think you are wrong on the communist government as well.

Great. Robert Anton Wilson goes and now Fidel’s looking a little peakéd. C’mon Jesse Helms! Stop enjoying your good health and kick a few buckets around! :mad:

[QUOTE=Fear Itself]
The bet was on the embargo, but I think you are wrong on the communist government as well.
[/QUOTE]

I’m with you. Raul has a strangle hold on the government. Nothing will change while he is still around.

Former NASCAR champ Benny Parsons, dead at 65.

And of course, when I heard the news on the radio this morning, I couldn’t help but let out a “Woohoo!”

And of course, it was the one time I was giving a neighbor a lift.

And of course, I then had to lamely try to explain why I made such a happy noise upon hearing of another man’s death.

D’oh.

Ah, hell with it…woohoo! 35 points for me!

Aw, Parsons was on my original list but got bumped for somebody else. Oh well.

Parsons was really “good people” and funny as hell. But. Woohoo! 35 for me too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Weeeeee. My first hit, and it’s still January! Are all the NASCAR fans going to replace their ‘3’ stickers with ‘Benny’ stickers now?

[QUOTE=Loach]
I’m with you. Raul has a strangle hold on the government. Nothing will change while he is still around.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t think he’ll be around for long. Nobody seems to like him. Besides, the Cuban Embargo has long since ceased to be anything other than a symbolic attack on Fidel. Even if nothing changes after his death, the fact that Fidel is gone will mean the embargo is now unnecessary.

Columnist Art Buchwald has died at age 81.

[QUOTE=Fear Itself]
Columnist Art Buchwald has died at age 81.
[/QUOTE]
I’m sorry to see him go… but I’ll take the 19 points.

Three weeks into Jan. and I’ve scored twice. Dang, this is shaping up to be a record year!
Come on Fidel!