The clothes you're wearing right now -- do you remember where it all came from?

Shirt: Horny Toad bought in 2009 from their outlet in Maine (beside LL Bean).

Pants: Levi’s carpenter jeans purchased in 2005 at Macy’s.

Boots: Wolverines bought in 2009 at Work n Gear.

Boxers: Hanes bought back in 2006 at Bob’s Store.

Socks: Nike ankle high bought at TJ Max back in 2005/2006.

Belt: Timberland (POS). Hmm…no idea when or wear I got it. Damn.

Shoes: Hush Puppies, purchased through Zappo’s.
Pants: Wrangler straight-leg jeans, bought in bulk at Wal-Mart.
Shirt: No idea. I buy most of my office shirts at Penney’s, but can’t say whether I bought this one there.
Socks: Hanes athletic socks, bought at WallyWorld.
Underwear: Penney’s (Stafford, one of their store brands)
Undershirt: Shirt-Woot.

So I remember where everything but the shirt came from, and I could probably make the right guess with the shirt. But “can * remember at least approximately where and when * obtained each item?” Absolutely not. I’m pretty good on where, but I really have no idea when. Most of it was probably bought sometime in the past 3-4 years, although the underwear could be much older because the Stafford underwear, at least as they used to make it, holds up quite well over time. (Last couple of packs I’ve bought have had a cheaper feel to them, and I don’t expect them to hold up nearly as long.) And that’s about all I can say for when.

Although I said yes, it’s rare.

I don’t buy a lot of clothes and I tend to buy stuff I love that I keep and wear for a long long time. Add that to my very short memory and I wouldn’t often have the answer.

Today I happen to be wearing a maxi dress I bought online from a designer clearance centre just a few weeks ago and underwear from La Senza that I bought around the same time.

I voted “Male, Yes.” Of course, I’m only in my undies, but even if fully clothed, my answer would be yes. I shop from one store, almost exclusively.

Joe

All of my clothes currently come from the maternity store except for socks and shoes. Shoes were a gift and socks came from Payless.

It was a fun, drunken night for all of us. Don’t worry, I took pictures.

Shirt and tie: Bell’s, Jacksonville
Slacks: TJ Maxx
Underwear: J. Crew? Online?
Belt: ???
Socks: ???
Shoes: Teddy Shoes, Cambridge, MA

Buying clothes is always a royal pain in the ass, so yeah, I remember each annoying experience clearly.

I think it is interesting that a large percentage of my clothes are hand-me-downs from someone I really don’t care for. I’m a used-clothes whore. :frowning:

But you’re a CUTE used-clothes whore. :slight_smile:

I can remember where I got each and every item I own.

It’s just the way my brain works. I’ve got a fantastic memory, but I can take no credit for it. Once something is in my brain, you couldn’t get it out by putting a lit firecracker up my nose.

Well, that’s a comfort. :smiley:

Shirt: Structure, circa 1998. Pretty sure it’s the only item of clothing I still have and wear from high school.
Jeans: Old Navy, earlier this year.
Loafers: Skechers, earlier this year.

I mentally went through my jacket, blouse, undergarments, skirt, pumps even went to accessories and tried to recall were I purchased my purse, hair clip and earrings. Couldn’t remember any of them. The one thing I recalled was the stocking I am wearing because I had to stop at Macys last night since I didn’t have one pair of thigh highs without a run. I have a terrible memory but in my defense, I take very good care of my work clothing and they often last for a very long time so this particular suit could be five years old.

I guess I’m bad at this. I have a shirt that’s at least a couple of years old. Old jeans, old underwear, old tennis shoes. Couldn’t tell you where I got any of them, expect I could guess with the tennis shoes, without a specific memory. I do have new socks on that came in the mail earlier this week.

Pants, shirt boxers: Wal-Mart

Socks: grocery store

Belt: Target

Shoes: Payless

This is more a function of my extremely limited shopping time than anything else.

It’s pretty easy since I buy most of my clothes either from a few stores or particular items of memorable interest.

Items I’m currently wearing:
Shoes - bought them with my girlfriend from the Cole Haan store in Soho a few weeks ago. I thought the store clerk was weirdly unhelpful.

Belt - Generic brown belt I bought from an A&F outside of Boston like 15 years ago. It goes with the shoes.

Shirt - Red Lacoste polo I bought at the store in Midtown about 2 years ago. Notable for being my only Lacoste polo. Most are from Ralph Lauren.

Pants - Dark blue Levis jeans from the store near Union Square.

Boxers - My girlfriend usually supplies boxers she finds interesting or I receive them as xmas gifts. These appear to be generic Ralph Lauren boxers so they were probably holiday gifts.

Watch - Monteblanc Timewalker Chronograph Automatic I purchased at the Tourneau sample sale 2 years ago.
This is my sort of generic all purpose casual work outfit.

Golly, yes. But I am a “clothes person.”

Sweater: Lands’ End, about three or four years old.
Skirt: Bought fabric, had “my little woman who runs things up for me” sew it, about two or three years ago.
Shoes: Aerosoles, two years old.
Pearls: Grandmother’s.
Earrings: Bought at Lord & Taylor last year.
Watch: Mom’s. Bought at Wayne Jeweler’s maybe ten years ago.
Underclothing: none of your business.

Holy crap! It’s Eve!

Right. I seriously shop at the same four or five stores over and over again.

Top: Express, maybe Marchish.
Pants: Old Navy, last month.
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, I think last month too.
Bag: Marshall’s. I just bought it Weds, and it’s so effing cute, it’s not even funny.

I am VERY pregnant, so all of my clothes came from Tyme Maternity. Oh wait the shirt came from Motherhood Maternity.

Boxers: Fashion Bug umpteen years ago
T-Shirt: Target
Drawers: Lane Bryant

Yes, I did just wake up.