The cold Monday morning MMP

We still have a lot of snow on the ground, and got another dusting yesterday.

Blurf.

Now I have to get ready to go to work.

But there’s wine tasting this Saturday!

Here’s the link to last week’s MMP

First!!!

It’s good to be juvenile. :smiley:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 44 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 67. I could take Winter weather like this as the norm but alas ‘tis not. On the upside what with the winter storm watch/warnin’ all north of me, all we’ll get tomorrow is low 50’s and rain. Better that than ice and snow.

And now this…

HAAAPPPYYY BBBIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BBBIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR DDDOOOGGGIIIOOO!!!

Now I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy is hongry. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence.

Thanks for startin’ us off DeathMistress!

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Second! It’s cold and wet outside, great weather for the scaffolder to be setting up his stuff at home, and even better weather for the roofer to be fixing my leaky chimney.

Happy birthday, Doggio!

In other news, I got nuthin’…

It snowed here yesterday too. Hubby had to rent a truck to go to work. The 'Vette doesn’t go in snow.

Happy birthday, DogBut.

Nothing about socks. It’s a description of how bad the weather will be, for the people who believe the proper preparation for a winter storm is to hoard ingredients for french toast.

Thanks for the explanation, gotpasswords.

b
l
u
r
f

It’s cold here. And I’m in at least two different kinds of pain this morning. Bummer.

Happy Doggio Day!

Jynxster’s Recipie for Slower Cooker Split Pea Soup w/ Crunch Glass Topping

1 bag of split peas
2 cups of diced ham
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 bay leaf
Salt & Pepper to taste
5 cups of water

Directions: Layer the first 7 ingrediants in slow cooker. Do not stir. Add in water. Set slow cooker to high, cover with glass lid and let cook for 5 hours. At about the 1 hour mark, you will hear a loud CRACK, followed by the unmistakable sound of glass falling. Turn off your slow cooker and marvel at the hole in the slow cooker lid that was not there before. Some of the glass lid and the lid handle should fall directly into your unfinished split pea soup. Place the whole thing in a garbage bag and put directly into the trash. Enjoy!

Oh,my, Lucky! That sounds remarkably similar to my nephew’s 3-meat burrito on a bed of glass shards from Friday night.

Good morning, all. It’s cold here, too, and we’ve had quite enough of winter, although it’s not showing signs of letting up anytime soon. :mad:

Brother is off to California for the week; nephew is in bed with a migraine; I need to get going to irk. Quite irksome.

Hugs all.

GT

Thanks for the giggles, Jinxie. Always, good to start the day with giggles.

Oh, and I’m sorry for the loss of your slow cooker.

The Beatles special was terrific. I loved that audience members were singing along with almost every song. But two questions
1 - what is the big deal about Katy Perry? She can’t sing very well and she looked ridiculous in those drapes (which, in spite of the Fashion Police’s praise, look awful)
and 2 - has anyone ever seen her and Zooey Deschanel in the same place at the same time?
In other news, blurf.

Happy Birthday, Doggio!

I hope you have bought enough treats for both you and Gordie. :smiley:

I cleaned things this weekend. And took several naps. And watched a lot of people do things on various wintry surfaces that I can’t imagine even attempting. Luge is so dangerous!! But I have discovered over the last several Olympics that I will watch just about anything if somebody’s going to win a medal at the end of it.

Happy Birthday Doggio. I hope it’s a good one for you.

I don’t think I’m going to use your recipe, Jynx. My circus geek days are over.

Refused to watch the Beatles thing last night. I knew that I would just be disappointed in all the cover bands. We watched the Westminster dog show instead.

And I really want to know: It’s 7 o’clock in the morning. Who the f$%# is it you MUST talk to on the phone while driving? And what are you talking about?

Yeah, blurf.

Happy Doggio day!

I have quite a lot of errands to do today, and I appear to be evading them fairly well so far. I need to go to the doctors (to get a repeat prescription), the bank (to pay cash in), my allotment (to plant shallots, get some compost and measure the broken shed window for a replacement), the shops (I’m out of cheese!)… the whole thing makes me tired just thinkin’ about it. I didn’t get up all that late for me, but it’s already 1.30, and I’ve done nuttin but shower so far. I’m not even dressed properly yet!

** Happy Doggio Day!**

Blurf would be good compared to actual conditions. Slept very badly, have a lovely sinus headache.

Thanks, y’all. I acutally might buy French Toast makings, because I suddenly crave French toast.:smiley:

Drae, I’ mainly watch curling and ice hockey.

Lucky, oops! I prefer to flavor my soups with metal shavings.

I don’t usually watch the hockey, but I have decided to invest some time in curling this year. Because WTF are they DOING?

Good gad, I believed you were to hang someone!
:slight_smile:

It’s snowing. I did not predict this snow, therefore it is unwelcome. Especially since I have to take my laundry for a ride and take my taxes to the credit union for doin’. I also need to email Complicated Friend about the Mysterious Paper I got regarding me no longer being a homo…wner because I think I’ve got money coming to me possibly maybe I hope.

Today would be a good day to get some Indian food for lunch. I’ve been reading Vish Puri (warning: contains sound) mysteries and I want to try one of these pakoras he’s always eating.

Happy birthday Butler to Dogs!

Happy Moonday!

I woke up way too early and then feel back asleep and woke up late, so here I am.

The sun is shining, the street is clear of snow. It’s 24 degrees now but should get up to 32 today.
Sah-dog was afraid to go down the snowy steps again so he peed on the deck.

So making phone calls is on the agenda today. Continuing to lean shit off the computer is too.
I downloaded pics off my phone and tablet to the computer and I don’t know how or why but there are now thousands of duplicates and I guess stuff that came from the BurstlyImageCache?
If anybody knows a way to delete more than one pic at a time let me know. I’ve started moving the pics I want to keep into folders, deleting the crap stuff. Then I have to go back to the folders to delete the duplicates
Already my computer is running faster.
Happy Birthday Doggio!