The Compliment Thread

What does someone have to do to be mantioned here? Thats right, participate, duh!

peace,
JB

If all else fails, compliment someone else. At the very least, you’ll probably get a thank you.

While I’m at it, big ups to Borborygmi for validating my existence on that other thread over there. You know the one. :wink:

My goodness, how nice! I shall live on this compliment all day. After having a thread sink like a stone, I was beginning to wonder if my existence was even perceived 'round here. :wink:

I have to admit I’ve been stalking Rue DeDay; what a sublime goofball wit. Long live the Pita Bread Boy.

I know we’re supposed to pick someone else, but having read about her highway adventure elsewhere on this message board, I have to throw compliments at Ellen.

I honestly haven’t seen many posts from her on these boards (maybe we just aren’t interested in the same subjects?), but I now admire her greatly as a person.

I feel dirty for saying it, but Alphagene goes on this list for me. He’s just so…mean. And naughty. It makes me feel funny.

If he and jarbaby would have a child, the world would have a supreme dictator.

im crushed

I really enjoy Bad News Baboon for the wonderful threads started and for the overall positive, upbeat, and darn funny posts.

Since we’re at 86 posts and nobody has mentioned them yet, I am Hereby Breaking The Rules and naming multiple posters…

Tamerlane. The guy knows friggin’ everything that ever happened. And he relays it in a polite manner.

Guinastasia, for having the patience to argue with Olentzero and for not (usually) letting her liberal biases prevent her from trying to understand the guy on the other side of the fence.

Screech-owl, for loving opera, for fencing (women with swords make me howl at the moon), and for being an all-around wonderful lady.

And as long as I’m Breaking the Rules, a vehement “Ditto!” to those who said Kimstu, Maeglin, and most especially Ellen!

Would he wear a cape?

I’m up for it. Alpha?

Oh, and I enjoyed fondling jarbabyj at ChiDope.

Torgo is too funny! There should be an entire forum named Torgoland.

Thanks Lightnin’! :smiley: I must repay the compliment,as Lightnin’ is a very cool guy.
I also want to compliment TheNerd, for the favor he did in convincing me to read Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books.

Don’t feel bad Pammipoo the only reason I got mentioned was because I told TN*hippie that I wanted to marry him.

Just to add, I like Spyderman a lot too.

And now I also want to marry ShibbOleth.

And djf750 has never been very far up on my list.
But he knows this.

Chique is funny, kind, and gracious. To say that I am honored to call her a friend is an understatement.

I’ll hoist one here for UncleBeer,
Helpin’ to keep the bandwidth clear,
And ceaselessly mindful of newbies in doubt,
He’ll always point to a graceful way out.

(and thanks, Sealemon :wink: )

ZOWIE!!!

(sits next to Hamlet and picks lice off his head)
(eats)

ExTank for his technical knowledge, and anyone who was out eating sand and dodging anti-tank missiles in '90 and '91 while I was sitting on my pasty white buns at home has my respect.

Ethilrist for being the LOTR fan that he (?) is.

Tranquilis who obviously has good taste for reading and contributing to all the same threads that I do.

delphica and I like and dislike all the same books and movies. Which means she joins me in The Club of the People Who Are Always Right!

I’m too new to have many names memorized yet but know I’ve enjoyed every poster mentioned above at one time or another. There are some incredibly bright, well-read and funny people in residence. My special thanks to jarbaby for bringing me here and for her wonderful sense of humor.

(Oh, and kudos to whoever that guy was that chased the special bus as an embarassing moment.)

I’d like to compliment 2 Dopers and 1 ex-Doper.

Czarcasm, pldennison, and Melin
In the past I got into multiple nasty exchanges with these people, but yet they have since dropped any grudges they could have held and have been very nice toward me. These are good people…and I appreciate them.