The Donald Trump 2024 Campaign Thread (Primary Edition)

Ladies and gentlemen, I actually saw evidence of an official Trump 2024 campaign message, right here in San Antonio. It was a bit more relevant to another thread, so the story is there instead of here:

There’s a hilarious article in Rolling Stone about Mr. Trump kicking off the 2023 season a la Don Quixote.

~Max

That is truly hilarious. It can’t be a coincidence, can it? Maybe one of his advisors has read Cervantes. Nahhh….can’t be.

You’re right–it can’t be. His advisors MAY have suggested Trump hit the “windmills” theme, but that’s nothing to do with being literate. It’s because The Base associates modern windmills with the hated Elite (Coastal, even), and love any bashing of the projects and goals of that Elite.

How dare them stupid edicated libruls, with all their stupid science and hatred for good American oil, sneer at me!?! I’ll show them—I’ll see that Trump becomes President again, etc.

And lest anyone doubt that Donald is still greatly beloved by all too many voters, we had this display:

Another tweet, which I can’t locate at the moment, showed one of the employees asking Donald if she could pray for him; she proceeded to pray that he be returned to the Presidency (while he groped her shoulder.)

Don’t be silly. Mr. Trump declared a personal vendetta on wind power when a wind farm was built next to his golf course.

~Max

I don’t understand why people can’t see the beauty of these wind farms.

Yes, of course.

But how does that fact stop right-wingers from portraying modern windmills as “elitist” and from appealing to The Base’s dislike of science, non-oil energy etc. (as I asserted in the post to which your replied?)

Nikki’s in, having promised less than two years ago not to run against him:.

I’m torn between morbid curiosity how he dragged planes into it, and disgusted revulsion at the thought of listening to him any more than absolutely necessary. Did he just have a brain fart and think, “Birds, planes; what’s the difference?”?

Did he maybe mean plains?

I’m surprised he didn’t say that they would make the world to windy.

Yes, Europe is just a post-turbine wasteland.

Not a plane to be seen! Those poor people, reduced to using boats!

Windmills do not work that way!

…but Donald Trump does.

I hope you realize that I understand that of course. I very much doubt that Trump does.

Trumps understanding of facts or ANY type of engineering stops at how to tie his shoes. If he can even do that.

Of course it all comes down to whos pocket Trump is in. And who has their hands in Trumps pocket.

If you put a wind turbine on a flat plane, you ruin the uniformity of that plane. It stands out like a… Well, like a wind turbine.

This seems like a valid complaint to me. I’m not sure why it would matter, it’s more of an academic argument.

She also called him to asked him permission, as I understand it.