The Donald Trump 2024 Campaign Thread (Primary Edition)

What primary? Trumps early announcement has completely hamstring the Republicans. Nobody will dare go against him. Their choice is to rally around the traitorous Cheeto shitgibbon or witness the splitting of the party. They will try to stem the bleeding and the losses, while ignoring the damage to the country. They would install Putin as VP if Trump demanded it.

I’m sure they’ll put on some kind of sham thing.

Nope. According to Vanity Fair, Trump spent a lot of time at Tiffany’s wedding on Saturday begging Ivanka to come, but she refused.

Neither Ivanka nor Donald Trump Jr. attended their father’s announcement ceremony at Mar-a-Lago. Instead, Jared Kushner and Kimberly Guilfoyle attended to show their support.

Now hang on.

A candidate as viral as Orangeman, younger, has astounding support from his state (including minorities), young republican voters in the mix— I say Trumpy’s days are numbered, right up until the primary. He drops out wheeling the wheelbarrow of cash to Mar Al Lardo, playing golf an hour later.

Oh gawd, here we go again. I’d be willing to pay beaucoup bucks for some kind of app that could mute/block any kind of media that mentions Trump. Fat chance of that I guess.

Ivanka is out.

Zuck has deemed that you’re not allowed to post blatant lies on Facebook, unless you’re a politician. Politicians can say whatever the fuck they want. It’s almost like Zuck has been getting advice from Musk about how to best preserve democracy. :roll_eyes:

Speaking of lies, CNN fact-checking reveals that the Orange Imbecile launched his campaign with the usual pack of lies:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/politics/fact-check-trump-announcement-speech-2024/index.html

As someone who follows climate science, I’m especially impressed by the revelation that sea level might rise 1/8 of an inch over the next 300 years (actual fact: 10 to 12 inches over the next 30 years).

Well said!

And as for that tweet – “Ron DeSantis’ time as “Leader of the GOP” was 1/4 of a single Scaramucci” – hilarious.

I’d do that just to block the sound of his voice. It grates on me. Moreso when he’s telling outrageous falsehoods, which he can’t help but do.

Objection, Your Honor.

According to Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution, the Vice President is subject to the same eligibility requirements as the President is.

• Must be a natural-born U.S. citizen
  • Must be at least 35 years old
  • Must be a resident of the U.S. for at least 14 years

Putin only meets one of these three requirements.

I know… it was a joke.

(Besides, Putin controls Trump, not the other way around.)

A tiny bit premature. It depends on what DeSantis does and plans to do. If he really wants to be President now, I could see him keeping himself relevant.

No way DeSantis runs against Trump. He doesn’t have the personality cult that Trump does.

But DeSantis will run for president no later than 2028, and Democrats need a very strong candidate to beat him. DeSantis scares me, actually. He has absolutely no qualms about using his political power to punish people and corporations who oppose him. To say nothing of gay and trans people.

DeSantis will run. His ego’s not much smaller than Trump’s (IMO) and he’s on a winning streak. If he can get Murdoch to commit to him, and Murdoch appears to be done with Trump, this is his best shot. I’m not convinced, 538 notwithstanding, that the RNC will nominate Trump if they have a strong alternative.

Ugh. What a miserable feeling of deja vu I had after reading that. Does the ‘j’ in donald j. trump stand for ‘jason’? Every time his political career seems dead he just keeps coming back. I don’t f’ing get it.

Below the fold…

Were you around for the Bush (43) - Cheney administration? :wink:

I think DeSantis will run against Trump in 2024. Republicans are not likely to stay excited about him if he sits this election out. And even if he’s defeated in a bruising primary battle, he’ll still have a chance in 2028.

lol page 26

If so and DeSantis gets the nomination I suspect Trump would run as a 3rd party if for no other reason to stop DeSantis from winning by splitting the GOP votes into non-MAGA and MAGA, and part of the plan for 2028 holding the GOP hostage and perhaps extorting money from them for him not to do this.