The Expanse Season 5 trailer and release date

But the upcoming season covers book 6. The final approved season after that will have to go into the books 7 and 8 story.

No, the upcoming season 5 appears to cover the 5th book.

Right, Season 5 is covering Nemesis Games, which is a really good book.

Okay, I had forgotten that there was a book between the destruction of Earth and the time jump.

I think the Laconia plot is too much to shoehorn into one season, so I suspect and kind of hope that Inaros replaces them for story purposes for the last season.

Amusingly Expanse fans are bringing back out #SaveTheExpanse or #FinishTheExpanse. Amazon only really saved the show because Jeff Bezos was a personal fan. If they can’t justify spending the money to do books 6-9, I doubt anyone else will. Though it appears it is the production company itself - Alcon - that wants to end it after Season 6. I imagine it may cost quite a bit to keep the cast on for 4 more seasons if they actually went to do a 9/10 season show.

Hey, is Amazon dropping all of Season 5 at once or weekly installments?

The first three episodes will be released December 16, then one a week after that.

That should help conversation about the season here (I hope).

Thanks. I prefer all at once, but I can wait a bit.

I prefer weekly drops; it makes online discussion alot easier. I can’t wait to see how what Chrisjen is up to now.

The authors of The Expanse novels said they think the series is “pausing” after season 6, it’s not a cancellation.

“We have what we think is a very natural pause point for the story after season 6. It’ll feel like a satisfying end to the story we’ve been building over the first five seasons.”

While I don’t share their optimism that it will be continued, it does suggest that they’ll stick to book 6 and not try to wrap the other three books into it. With a few tweaks to the story, I think this could work fine.

The wife and I started watching last night, but that was a bit optimistic of us and we both fell asleep. Will probably start again tonight.

Episode 5.1 was pretty solid considering how much they have to set up for the season.

It is obvious that the production budget has increased significantly this season. The first 3 episodes were all good. Really enjoyed Amos’s trip to Baltimore - though things looked a lot nicer and cleaner than I mentally pictured of them when I read the book.

Dammit. We never got the punch line! Stupid scientist.

So, since this will be a weekly release how do want to handle spoilers in this thread?

It’s not my thread, so this is just my opinion.

I’d say open spoilers for episodes as they air. If you haven’t watched an episode yet, don’t open the thread. Maybe the first person posting about a new episode could lead with some nice highlighted text like

*************** Episode x *******************

When does episode 4 drop?

I think they are dropping each new episode every week at the same time - so Tuesday was it?