The Expanse Season 5 trailer and release date

Wednesdays, but I think it’s Pacific time so it might be Tuesday in your zone.

Thank you

Oh good, I’m not the only one–I feel like a toon who didn’t hear the “two bits” part!

So let’s make up a punchline!

I going with: “I also drink in the same way, so give me every bottle you got!”

I thought it would be, ‘give me a glass of your finest Earth water’—implying that that’s also what Mars and the Belt drink, thus showing their dependence on Earth’s resources. (At least, I seem to remember a dependence on Earth water in the belt, although all of a sudden I’m wondering why that should be the case, as there are probably lots of ice-covered rocks out there…?)

~~~Possible spoilers up to Ep. 3

Anyway, really liking the start of the season so far. Some things are a bit too obvious, as the investigation on Tycho station, which just kinda seems to follow the standard police procedural tropes too closely—oh no, she’s in the other container, quick, she’s run out of oxygen, last minute save, then a new lead, new lead turns up dead, we have a mole, ‘this information doesn’t leave this room’, and (speculation on my part) of course it will leave the room, and really, the new head of security guy is obviously shady, right?

Similarly with the Martian arms dealing—Bobby just drops in at the precisely right moment, the admiral’s adjutant feigning interest in Alex, and so on. But still, even though things are a bit trope-y in the individual elements, the overall narrative is coming together nicely—and would maybe even suffer if too much emphasis were placed on surprising turns in its local elements.

One thing I haven’t been able to figure out, however, is this: is Drummer’s eye shadow supposed to be a tattoo? I thought so when we saw here sleeping with it, and it’s also a bit strange for the character to just spent time in the bathroom each morning re-doing her makeup; but then, it seemed to run when she cried… :thinking:

Good answer!

I also like the just water different implication in line with the plot lines. It what all humans drink and we are our own enemies.

Or naming some nonsense cocktail, to which the bartender says: “Sorry, I’m not sure what’s in that drink.” “Yup.” replies the Earther.

Which point would that character be wanting to make?

I took my time and watched the end of E3 last night. I’m very, very happy with the season so far. Some minor nitpicks and definitely like some storylines more than others, but overall it’s great to see the show return to the actual over-arcing plots/storylines instead of being stuck in an old TV episode for an entire season.

I enjoyed seeing more of Amos’ story, even tho I didn’t think the scenes and performances were always very good.

Cara Gee continues to impress the bejeezus outta me; she is a fantastic actor. Camilla Drummer has long been a favorite character but this season looks to be extraordinary for her.

Appears it’s Tuesday on the East Coast. I got Ep4 ready for me.

Nitpick: It’s Camina Drummer, not Camilla. And yes, Cara Gee is impressive as hell in the role.

Loving the slow burn development of Amos as well. His interactions with Chrissie Chrisjen are priceless.

:man_facepalming:

I blame autocorrect. The sun was in my eyes. It was dark out. It wasn’t even me; it was other kids. You can’t prove anything.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, it has aired and it looks like they didn’t use the siliness. In the books, the tiny asteroids they threw acted as planet killers, wiping out most of Earth’s population. In the series, it seems like they had the relatively small impact that rocks that size would actually have. So they have changed it to Earth getting a warning shot instead of a kill?

I dunno about that… if anything they used more small asteroids to achieve the same result. After all they still have Avasarala not being able to reach her husband indicating it may have been widespread. IIRC, the whole broken up asteroid thing was not in Nemesis Games, and those asteroids were massive kill-the-dinos level asteroids covered in stealth tech

No, those asteroids were piddling little pebbles that the book stupidly claimed were planet killers. I don’t remember the exact size mentioned in the book, but it was an asteroid measured in meters, not miles. Hence my calling it silly.

Just a request, can everyone clearly mark book spoilers? I still want to read them after the show is over. It’s hard to read this thread without knowing which spoilers I can click on.

It appears to me that the show is open spoilers and all the things under spoiler tags are book spoilers.

I just watched E4: :scream_cat:

The ship Holden was on at the beginning of the whole series was an ice hauler. And there was a scene with a men and son collecting ice asteroids into a beg net, dad got killed and son got stranded in just a space suit, IIRC the sneaky Martians, or someone pretending to be Martians, did it.

But most of the water was going to Mars for terraforming IIRC

Yep, 9/11 in Space!

Completely unrelated to the plot of the show, but whenever there is text on the screen, like someone gets a message on their tablet, I’m getting German subtitles. I can’t figure out how to turn it off.