The Farewell Thread

This is a thread for saying goodby to the Dope. My wish for it is to stay positive.

I’m leaving to simplify my life. I love this place too much, and spend way too much time here. I just got a very nice award at work, and feel I should probably devote as much time to it as they think I do. I have a novel to finish revising, books to read and index. My youngest daughter is going to college in August, so I get to resign from my school activities.
My thanks to all here. I have been on message boards for 30 years, and the SDMB is the best, with the highest average level of posts, and the most fun, I’ve seen. I think a lot of that is due to the moderation here.

So, thanks all, and, like the kid in the Elton John song, I get to hang around for a couple of days afer I die.

Everyone be good and don’t take any wooden deities.

Bon voyage!

:frowning:

Well, so long!

However, I hate to see anyone leave here. You sound like an accomplished person; couldn’t you just exercise a little restraint and spend less time here, rather than leaving altogether? It’s difficult, I know…but it can be done. I’ve done it a couple of times myself.

But in the event you do leave, best of luck and Godspeed!

Good luck with everything, and here’s hoping you can find your way back someday.

Safe journey and hope we meet again to all who depart. No harm, no foul and no bad feelings. Destinations–and journeys–take different paths, for as many reasons as there are travellers.
This really isn’t a rant–and shouldn’t have to be–so I’m moving it over to MPSIMS. Parting company is very mundane, because it happens all too often, but it’s not pointless. Nevertheless, parting doesn’t have to bitter, either, so The Pit won’t serve the OP’s intent.

Well met and thanks for the memories to those departing.

Moving the thread on over.

TVeblen
Pit mod

I for one will be sad to see you go. The more Star Trek fans we have on here, the better! :stuck_out_tongue:

Um, call me crazy, but how exactly have you been on message boards for three decades? Usenet has only been up for a max of 15 years.

At any rate, I wish you a safe journey back to the Alpha Quadrant.

Q’apla!

Well met and thanks for the memories to all those departing. Journeys intersect, follow along and then branch off again, for as many reasons as there are travellers.

Good bye, and best of luck in all you do.

Veb

May your voyages be pleasant, your adventures successful, and your life full of meaning and promise. Vaya con Dios.

Aloha!

It’s tough to lose one of the good ones, which AFAIK, you are. Especially when their reasons for leaving are so damned reasonable.

Best of luck in all your life’s endeavors.

[sub]You know you’ll come crawling back one day and then the membership fee will be DOUBLE! so ha! :D)[/sub]

Too bad. If all the workin’ troops leave there will only be us old retired folks. How dull.

It’s always sad to see a Doper go. Makes one think thoughts which we would rather not have. But, I guess we all have our reasons. Best o’ luck to ya!

Voyager Say you’re taking a break! Say you’ll be back in a few months. Lie to us if you have to…Say when you come back you’ll bring pie!
:smiley: Be well and happy.

“Untold want by life and land ne’er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth to seek and find.”

The place will be all the poorer for your absence, Voyager.

We have never exchanged posts but I have enjoyed lurking and reading yours.

Yol Bolsun

Fare thee well where ever you fare.