Goodbye Everyone...

Hey, everyone. I’m leaving this message board. I have personal reasons for doing so. I just can’t stay here any longer.

This is my last post on the SD. I’ll read this thread for a while, to see if any of you respond to it. If you have any last words for me, then say them here. And after a few days, or couple weeks, then I’ll just leave for good, and never come back.

I wish I didn’t have to go, because I really liked posting here, and having interesting conversations with all of you.

I hope I don’t leave any of you feeling hard feelings toward me. Overall, this is a fascinating group of people, who I’ve enjoyed “spending time” with. (Except Loverock of course.) :wink: I suppose my posts will remain forever, and you all know my E-mail address, if you have some strange desire to contact me.

Well…bye guys. :frowning: It’s been fun, really. May God bless you all. (Even if you don’t believe in Him) I wish you all the best life has to offer. :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Adam

No offense taken. Some of my best friends have been Christians. Hope you have a good life. Don’t forget to have a little fun along the way. Life is far too important to be taken seriously.
“Consider the lillies.” Jesus of Nazareth

Now maybe you’ll have the time to really listen to what I’m trying to say.

Although we never got to frolick together I know you’re a hip cat who would be a welcome addition this fun little group again.

Hope whatever struggles present in your life subside fairly soon. And remember, the red dog always laughs last.

OfficeGirl’s Cubicle Farm

“Argue for your limitations; sure enough, they’re yours.”

With respect and best wishes…

::waving goodbye::

Designated Optional Signature at Bottom of Post

Goodbye…I’ll miss ya, ya little putz! :wink:

Adam, I’m sorry to hear this. I know that I’ve been a thorn in your side for a long time, but I’ve got to tell you that I wish you the best and hope that everything will work out for you. And should you desire to come back, there’s an empty chair waiting for you at all times. :slight_smile:

Sure love you, brother!

If your personal reasons for leaving the board are board-related, then that’s no reason to take off.

Either way, I’m sorry to see you go. You ruffled a lot of feathers around here and “ARG220” threads were always interesting, if nothing else.

Fix whatever is broken with you and come back soon.

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

I’ll miss ya, Adam. I never even had a chance to get my teeth into a good fight with you! :slight_smile: Hope things go well with you. If you ever stop by this MB again, be sure to say “hi”.

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei

Well, I think you’re a pussy who couldn’t take the heat of debate. I’ve had several disagreements here, yet I remain.

Would Jesus quit in the face of persecution?

By the way - if I ever decided to stop posting here, I wouldn’t feel the need to leave a message like this. I’d just go. If nobody noticed I was gone, it would answer a question or two about how much I really contributed anyway.

Yer pal,
Satan

Leaving so soon?

I know we didn’t have much contact, but I’ve always admired your courage.

I think Snarkberry says it best: “There’s an empty seat waiting for you.”

Well, if you don’t come back, I hope there is someone to follow your footsteps. We could sure use another ARG.

One beer is less than two beers.

After a few days or a couple of weeks, you will leave for good? I am having a little trouble coming up with a situation that allows that sort of leeway in saying goodbye.
It does indicate that this is a voluntary leaving. It is also an indication that it isn’t a moral issue with this board, because otherwise you wouldn’t be lurking for an undetermined period of time. This isn’t a “goodbye”, this is a “I’m going to lurk after leaving the impression that I’m being forced to leave.”
What’s the deal?

Good riddance to yet antoehr unrepentant bigot along the likes of Jaguar1540 and PerkyDan.

And now I’m cursed becuase I typed “the name not to be typed!”

Got a message from Adam. He says that God told him to leave. He doesn’t know why. He may be back if God o.k.'s it.

My translation: He’s lurking.

ARGie, We Hardly Knew Ye.

Slythe? Were you joking around? Or did Adam actually claim that God told him to stop posting? (The lurking aspect was already in his OP.)

Tom~

Gee (sniffs at her armpits) I took a freaken shower! What’s up ARG? I don’t think posting a “I’m leaving” is enough. You’re pretty vague about it. Why don’t you say why? ChiefScott is going too but at least he said why. I think you owe us an explanation. Well, okay, you don’t owe us but I’d like to hear it.

If I were going to leave I’d just go. I wouldn’t tell anyone unless I wanted a bunch of people to ask me to stay (which is why I think ChiefScott did it). Is that what you want ARG? For us to tell you why you should stay?

Entire text of email, printed with permission.

Hi Slythe…or Ishmael…whichever you choose,
I said I wouldn’t post on the board anymore, so I’m sticking to my word. So I’ll give you an explanation here. My reasons for leaving aren’t related to anybody on the SD, or any arguments that I’ve been in, as has been assumed by some. You know very well that I am devout in my faith. And I have felt that God’s telling me not to stay on the SD. I realy like it here, and have struggled with this, and asked God,“But…why do I have to leave God?” Well, I still don’t know, but I feel the need to obey So I packed up and left. I may lurk around for a bt longer, but after that, I won’t be back.
If I feel in my spirit that God says it’s ok to go back to the SD, then I’ll go back happily, and join in the fray. You may think I’m crazy, for leaving because “God says so,” but it’s what I feel is right. For right now though, I’m gone…for probably quite some time.
Feel free to use this E-mail, and tell the gang what’s up. (If they care)
Take care. Adam.

This is the entire text, unedited, of what Adam sent me. Make your own conclusions.

A thread that would be known as the shortest thread in SDMB history!

I heard this “God told me” crap before when I was going to get together and meet with a fundamentalist once. I told her that it was a cop-out, that I had no problem with her making a decision such as that, but to pawn it off on God shows that she has no mind of her own, and cannot stand by her own convictions. She felt that it proved her convictions and that’s where it left off. I don’t miss her at all.

So, in closing, I stand by my earlier statement about Adam.

Does God really care so much about whether someone posts on a message board? Doesn’t He have better things to do?