The Fast Runner

I heard of this movie, and then started reading a bit about it and just had to see it. Here is an average cliffnote/review of it.

It was good. It was very good. But it was also very long, and sometimes excruciatingly slow. I wound up fast forwarding as I could still read the subtitles and catch the nuances through many parts.

If you are looking for a long (roughly 3 hours), pretty semi-documentary with an interesting story in the undertone that you don’t have to pay very close attention to, it’s not a total waste of a DVD rental. As for the movie of the year, uh-uh. But it is worth a look if you aren’t in the mood for a lot of action or are with people who like to chat during movies. Wonderful film, but you really have to be in the mood for it, and you probably won’t know if you are in the mood or not until you see it.

Anyone else seen it and have an opinion?

I thought it was great. I spent the first half hour or so confused as hell, but then it really grabbed a hold of me. I loved the fight scene and the chase scene–they were so completely different. As you mention, it sort of feels like a documentary, which makes me think that the acting was probably pretty bad, but it didn’t seem that way at the time.