The gay community continues to amaze me

J’ai entendu parler that a violent skin with purple laces is indicating that he has killed a gay person.

Good lord - Nazi hanky codes? {shudder}

Esprix

Hehehe…sure-straight on the left, gay on the right. Or something like that.

I remember reading a part in the Stephen King book, IT, where they’re talking about a gay bar and one of the rumors is that there’s some guy in the men’s room who wears an old Nazi uniform and provides fisting services. (There isn’t, it’s just a rumor the homophobes pass around.) NOW I’m not so confused about it!

Esprix

I’m curious as to what you (and others) think about gay people making anti-gay jokes. Several of my black friends make jokes about niggers (their word), and it makes me uncomfortable to say the least.

I think it’s hysterical. I suppose that’s because when a gay person tells a gay joke, I can be rather more reasonably certain that he or she is not at risk of gaybashing me to death, or to be a little more moderate, that he or she is not actually homophobic and doesn’t actually hate me and my friends. So it leaves me free to enjoy the humour inherent in the joke.

Anti-gay, or gay-depreciative? I can make fun of myself, but I won’t tolerate outright bigotry or homophobia - that’s not funny.

But if it’s just humor, then I’ll just reference what matt said - when a gay person tells it, you generally don’t have to second-guess their motives behind the joke (although in the case of the OP, it’s obvious that you can’t assume that about every gay person).

And if you really want to get into the whole use of the word “faggots” in the gay community, there are plenty of other threads for that.

Esprix