The Great Northwest Dopefest!

I have to wait to see what my schedule will be in July, but if I can swing it, I’ll be there!

Well, that clinches it. Now I gotta show up!
Not that the rest of you yahoos are such pikers, but Badge is somebody I’ve been hankerin’ to meet ever since the “ask the cop” thread.

Note, the above disclaimer does not apply to those of you who are pikers.

Heh.

Ashland is practically in my back yard. I probably won’t be able to make it to Centralia though.

OK, now I have to show up! Wouldn’t want to disappoint the only person in the world who actually wants to meet me.

I’ve put in for a vacation day. Now I just need to know where we’ll be.

July 10th, going once… going twice…

(By the way, is that the weekend of July 10th, or just a one-day-bash on July 10?)

Unless you’re putting all of us up for the weekend, that’ll be just the 10th.

Nope — just need to plan which day to be available. :slight_smile:

July 10th. In Olympia? If its Oly, I’m there! I even have a ride, all we need to know now is WHERE.

OK, so where and when are we meeting? What do I need to bring?

Is anybody still interested in getting together? Or has the thought of having a cop there scared everyone off? :slight_smile:

Gr8Kat, Master Control, and I will be there if someone will go ahead and decide on a locale.

They’re only 30 miles apart, but is it still safe to say that nobody’s attendance is hinging on one city or the other? Is there anybody who could not attend if it were in Chehalis, or could not attend if it were Olympia?

For that matter, Chehalis/Centralia was only suggested because we thought we might have Dopers coming up from the south and from the north. Is this still so? If no one is coming up from Portland, we might as well hold the thing in Tacoma or Seattle.

I’m 30 miles north of Chehalis and 0 miles from Olympia. I don’t care either way.

The three of us would be coming from the Salem area, a bit further south than Portland.

Either city works for me.

Chehalis or Olympia works for me.

I just need to know the location and what to bring.

Ah, so we’re engaging in typical Pacific Northwest planning, are we? Everybody stands around and says, yeah, I’m interested, I’d love to participate, and then we all wait for somebody else to take charge, until the last possible minute, when everything either magically falls into place or evaporates in a mist of sad possibility… :wink:

Okay, okay, okay. If we’ve got people coming up from Salem, we’ll hold it in the Centralia/Chehalis area. Anybody got a problem with that? glare :mad: :wink:

Is there anybody who actually lives there who can confirm the Olympic Club as the best place to go? Am I the closest person to run down there and make sure we’ve got a likely spot?

Thank you for volunteering. :smiley:

Unfortunately, I have a wedding July 10th. One I can’t skip, since I am providing BBQ pork (Chinese style, not the pulled version) for the reception. And I just found out that there are going to be a few more people than I had expected…when the groom’s brother got married, I did the same thing for HIS wedding present. I planned for 250 guests, and it worked out fine. THIS time, though, I understand they are expecting 350 guests. I’m a bit…frazzled, you might say…about this. But I’ll get it done.

Anyway, have fun and I’ll try to make the next one.

(((huggles)))

Cheri

The 10th? Crap!

I will be in town later in the month if anybody wants to get together.