The Great Northwest Dopefest!

The 26th has hardly been nailed down as the time of the event. I only suggested it to give us seven days more planning time but the 19th works just as well.

Throws out a multitude of swear words…

I shall be across the river in Vancouver the weekend following the 26th…

sigh I just cant come up there any earlier, my June is already packed to bursting… Have to move a friend up from Dallas.

Well eat drink and be merry!

[Hijack] Can you get me tickets? :wink: :D** [/Hijack]** (my bold)

Oops, I forgot to say if Olympia is the chosen venue and the 19th or 26th the chosen dates, Fireman & I could be definate maybes.

Well, yeah, the weekend of the 19th works too, as far as I’m concerned.

Across which river?

I’m an idiot… :smack:

of course you arent planning this in Portland but rather in Washington… :smack:

I’ll just crawl back under my rock and stop embarassing myself now

I’m interested, it depends on the date you choose. I have family commitments all over the place in the next month or so.

I’d love to ride the train down with lawoot and whoever else wants to join us (if I can come, that is…) and I’ve been wanting to meet Denis. And all of you, of course. Except for the ones I’ve already met.

Wait, that didn’t come out quite right… :smiley:

If we are actually wanting to do this, we should start seriously planning it since it is now June 3rd which means we have anywhere from sixteen to twenty three days to plan and implement.

I personally think Olympia on the 19th would be best if for no other reason than wanting to allow Jessicala to attend and that after looking up Centralia on Google, realized it was as small as the tiny town I’m living in right now. A picnic sounds fun and all but I’d rather do something in the city.

Anyone agree? Disagree? We need to start planning.

The only real problem with the 19th is that it’s also the Fremont Solstice Parade - for the Seattlites… but then, it is something that can be missed.

Hey, that’s really cool of you Aesiron. :slight_smile: I appreciate it.
I’m just one person though (and not even a very prolific poster at that), so if the 26th works out better for the majority of people who want to attend, please don’t anyone feel you need to work around my schedule. I’ll catch the next PNW fest.

Cervaise said:

Being of Scandanavian by way of Minnesota/Wisconsin myself, I understand. Look at how long it has taken me to think up this response :wink:

Personally, I think what Kallessa describes in Centralia sounds good. Maybe we could have a potluck picnic/BBQ in the park, and people can bring footballs, badminton sets, and whatnot, whee!! And then when it starts cooling off and everyone is ready for a cold one, we could head for McMenneman’s. And if the PNW weather gods disagree with this, we can skip the picnic and head straight for the pub. And, as always, kidlings are welcome. Especially if they bring their Yu-Gi-Oh cards :wink:

As for the date, June 19th or 26th works for me. If June is starting to look bad for people, maybe we could consider a July weekend (not the 3rd, of course)? Just a thought :slight_smile:

There’s no reason we gotta do this in June, right? I mean, if we pick the 19th or the 26th, somebody gets left out. So what does the weekend of July 10th look like for everybody? S’fine by me.

:smack:

I leave Vancouver the 9th…

Ya know I think the gods are trying to tell this just ain’t for me this year!

Well NEXT year LOOK out!

July 10th is fine by me if it is for everyone else as well. Good thinking, Fish.

July 10 is good for me, too.

Anyone else?

I’m in Ashland OR and would love to show up if I’m around. Chances are I’ll be in SanFran the 19th, Socal the 26th, and Wisconsin July 10th…but please don’t plan around me. I’ll keep checking back.

-wm

July 10th is fine with me, too.

July 10th works for me! All we need to do is firm up the location. I like the park/picnic then the pub idea.

:frowning: So close and yet so far…

Much as I’d love to hop on a bus and head down, I’ve gotta work weekends.

Oh well, have fun you guys!