The Great Summer 2021 Doper Postcard Exchange!

Mine are doing the same thing. I spaced them 48 hours apart but they are arriving together.

1981 was the vintage-est postcard I had…

Today I received a postcard from @JaneDoe42 of five handsome animals at the Heritage Park Zoo in Prescott, AZ. Thanks, Jane!

I just got a couple from @blondebear !
One is from the Skunk Ape Headquarters in East Ochopee, Florida…which so far is the best reason so far to visit Florida, in my opinion.
The other is a beautiful multipage foldout book of a postcard from Rocky Mountain National Park, which I am hiding from My Beloved because if she sees it she will insist on packing for a trip there immediately, and we just got back from our last vacation a few days ago. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yesterday I got a Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary card from Prescott, Ariz., with pictures of five rescue animals (including a very handsome mountain lion), courtesy of JaneDoe42. Thank you!

My cards just went in the mailbox. Sorry to be a bit late, but I was very busy this week. Judging from former postcard exchanges, they’ll take about a week to cross the pond.

No worries. The deadline for mailing your cards isn’t for another five days.

I’ve gotten a postcard from @dbygawdcapn showing Solomons Island, MD. Not to be confused with the country near Papua New Guinea. :slight_smile:

It looks like a charming, serene fisherman’s village. Thank you!

Received cards today from @blondebear and @needscoffee. It is so fun to get something in the mail besides bills and advertising fliers!

Thanks folks but I don’t get here very often. I will pass on this.

I’m a bit curious if it takes longer for a postcard from Germany or a postcard from Switzerland. I sent a second batch on Friday morning, so we’ll see.

Does Germany also have „A“ and „B“ Post?

I’m not quite sure, but I’ve never heard about it.

And two more postcards from @silenus! One arrived yesterday with the fine visage of Commander William Riker emblazoned upon it, and today’s is a print of a WWII motivational poster.

(And to answer your question, silenus, we swing more towards vinegar-based sauce here, but tomato-based is not unknown. Sadly Allen & Son is now closed but we’ve got a couple newer places that are taking up the slack quite nicely).

Today’s mail brought a postcard from @needscoffee with a beautiful picture and weather report for Mount Rainier. This is definitely on my short-list of places to visit. Thanks!!

Hey, I got a postcard of the World Kite Museum & Hall Of Fame from Czarcasm. Yay! I’ve been to Long Beach a couple of times but I’ve gravitated to Marsh’s Free Museum to see Jake The Alligator Man instead of the Kite Museum. Maybe next time. Thanks!

A reminder: all postcards should be in the mail by Wednesday. Thanks!

All postcards that I planned to send have been sent.

However, I was quite confused when I got home. When I left home this morning, I had postcards in my bag, for putting in the post.

I remember doing so, but somehow my bad had a postcard in it, when I got home. That’s because husband took my bag home and got the post.

From @Allecher I have also received a Legend of Toad Suck postcard. Thank you!

Just looked at the Toad Suck Daze website, and wish my Dad needed a t-shirt (he really doesn’t), because those are great!

Toby Keith’s “I Love This Bar & Grill” has a Toad Suck cocktail: vodka, Midori, Malibu rum and pineapple juice. It’s really quite tasty.

I got great cards yesterday! Lifted me for the whole day and beyond. Very nice notes with both also.

thank you :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::tada::confetti_ball::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::tada::confetti_ball: @Czarcasm and @blondebear!!:v:t3::v:t3:I’m enjoying your missives greatly.

Strategically I’m spinning my wheels but I haven’t given up~you can’t keep a good fairy godmother down! I haven’t found postcards, 5 stores, no joy. Did get ‘plain joe’ official postcards and postcard stamps from the post office, so I’ll be able to send placeholder ones til I can chase down real postcards as I remember them.

Some clerks look at me when I ask as if they don’t understand the concept of what a postcard is. Then again they may not get the concept of written, in hand messages. At least the post office clerk was helpful. I’m in a high risk age group in an woefully unvaccinated/masked state and so I’m trying to limit the number of stores/shops I go to, which is slowing me down. In a flyover state so tourist shop places just don’t exist.

I’m glad we’re doing this, it is fun in spite of my Nebraska glitches.

Postcards in the mail today!
Shockingly, I was the only customer in the joint. That has never happened before!