The Halloween 2015 Trick-or-Treater Count

Same as all the years since I have been here. (26)

I stopped buying Halloween candy the third year

None. Haven’t had any since the house was built in 1958. Houses are all too far apart and far from the road here. We Always went into town to go as children.

Less than 20–two groups of 5 and a larger group of little kids shepherded by two adults, but I don’t think there were as many as ten of them. I’d been watching William Castle movies since the afternoon and meant to stay up later, but it was so quiet that when House on Haunted Hill ended around 8:40 I gave it up for the evening, shut the door and turned off the lights downstairs.

1. It was very mild (no snow) so that was above average.

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital. Hope you are all well now. Sounds to me like you should be griping in the mini-rants threads or something.

This year I put 15 fun size candy bars in a small paper bag and stapled it shut. I made a total of 20 of these bags. After delivering several to children that I know and in the realization they wouldn’t come to my quiet neighborhood in the next town, I ended up with 9 bags. I had 6 trick or treaters. They were all under the age of 12 and I knew them all. Everyone had creative costumes and said thank you.

Next year I intend to do the candy in a paper bag with a small modification. In one bag I want to put a red onion and a five dollar bill. My plan is to tell the children that one bag has an onion in it and they should choose carefully which bag they want. I will also tell them that the onion bag has a surprise in it. What do you think of this plan? Should I do it?

Zero. Apparently I was supposed to sign up and be on an official map of participants.

We only had 10 or so, and none before 8pm. In years past we’ve had way more. We figured there may have been more parties since it fell on a Saturday. This was the lowest count since we moved here in 1999.

Maybe 50, it was lower than last year. Dunno why.

One one non costumed teen, who got nothing.

6 girls in two groups of three, in costumes and spooky face paint. I wasn’t actually expecting any given I live in Finland and it’s not all that common here. We were gaming at my parent’s house (they are travelling and it is a much nicer place to play than my tiny apartment) and luckily we had enough candy among our pile of snacks to hand some out. Not sure what trick-or-treaters usually get but they seemed happy enough grabbing candy out of an open bag.

About a dozen. Our townhouse complex doesn’t look very inviting from the street, that’s the explanation I’m giving for why we got so few even though our neighborhood has lots of kids and other houses a block away got tons more trick-or-treaters.

None. I bought a huge bag of 200 Dum Dum suckers and not a single trick or treater.

It was cold and rainy here but, during a break in the weather, we saw maybe 30-40 kids total in groups of three to five.

My wife took our five year old to the mall where they were having a Halloween event. She reports that it was packed – I’m sure the weather helped – and the stores were out of candy almost immediately. Fortunately, our kid doesn’t actually like candy and was just excited to see all the other kids in their costumes.

None. Again. Had been expecting at least two because we know their parents.

I think next year we’ll skip the bags and get a six pack of full size Hershey bars just in case.

Well, I don’t feel quite so bad.
It’s our first year in the new neighborhood and the guy next door said there are usually about four groups of maybe ten kids. So the wife said make sure we’ve got enough candy to give each kid 3 pieces each…

We got 4 kids, all visiting individually, and they each took one piece.

The rest will go into The Jar on my desk at work. Hopefully it will be empty by the time Christmas chocolates are avail–well, they’ve been in the stores since September, but this Halloween stuff has to run out before I get the good stuff.

–G!

2 for me. But I didn’t get home from the football game until 7pm.

zero. always zero. We don’t even buy candy anymore or remember what day it is. We live at the bottom of a long, steep, and dark driveway. I can’t imagine what we’d have to offer to make the trip worth it for a kid.

Yep, this is how it is here too, every year. We had about 220 and ran out of candy like we always do.

I didn’t know I was supposed to count. :frowning:

I think around 50 or so maybe a bit more. This is my first year in my new place so I didn’t know what to expect. It’s a town house development so I thought there would be more. Lots of little kids and very few older teenagers. I bought a lot more candy than I needed so I brought it in to the secretary that leaves out a candy dish.

Zero. Boring old sticks we live in.