The Halloween 2015 Trick-or-Treater Count

I used to live in a very rural area. The nearest town goes all out for Halloween. Most of the houses are close together with Victorian porches. Most of the residents decorate extensively and also get dressed up. They know they are drawing in a lot of people from the sparsely populated surrounding towns but they embrace it. They have a strict 6-8 time period for ToT but during that time each house must get hundreds of kids. Our town did a Trunk or Treat the weekend before.

6, about the same as last year. 2nd year in a new neighborhood. Don’t think I’ll bother next year.

Last year I had about 60 and nearly ran out of candy. But I was ready for them this
year with a total of 75 pieces of candy. Had only 21 show up.

Would anyone like a miniture Hershey bar?

About 50. I didn’t do an exact count, but that sounds right. And they were cute little things, too. Everyone said please and thank-you, the parents all said thank you and happy Halloween. It was nice.

I still have too much candy left.

About 8-10, less than usual but two neighbors with kids moved recently and it was raining all day so that kept the numbers down. Working my way through the remains at two Kit-Kat bars per day, may clear out the bowl by Xmas.

What happened then? Well, in Dope-ville they say
That the Bunny’s small heart grew three sizes that day. :slight_smile:

Do you have any Special Darks left over?

Somewhere between 200 and 300 based on the amount of candy left over.

Zero - fourth year in a row. The only reason it’s surprising this year is, I had a family that included young kids move in a few months ago; at the very least, I would expect them to go to the houses in the cul-de-sac - well, actually, it’s two rows of townhouses (about 30 in all) that share a common dead-end street.

Other than that, I’m not surprised that nobody shows up, since I live on a street that’s pretty much all townhouses and apartments, and it requires a somewhat steep climb just to reach that shared street I mentioned above; also, the town runs an event where people park their cars at the local high school and give out candy from their car trunks, so there’s not much need for the kids to go door-to-door.

Accidentally left the light on. Still no one came, as I expected. Only one house has kids, and I’m pretty sure they go to another neighborhood with a lot more houses.

Ten, and they all came at once.

Zero. There are 2 kids in a square mile radius of my farmhouse. Add in the 3 dobermans, german shepherd, giant schnauzer and standard poodle and I don’t get many visitors.

StG

Zero. Our town has a policy that people who want to give out treats stand outside their house and wait for the trick or treaters. Great idea: Old folks aren’t annoyed and children aren’t endangered. And children going door to door begging for sugar violates quite a few of my principles, including the mass corruption of Samhain.