The Hobbit (Part 1) Extended Edition

Oh man, I just got this and it fulfills my every wish. TWO HOURS of additional scenes, including another entire hour of the dinner in Bag End! The chase scene in Goblintown is 13 minutes longer and there’s another 27 minutes of them just traipsing around Middle Earth shooting the shit!

Nah man, I’m just messing with the people who already thought it was too long. By all accounts, there’s 13 minutes of additional film. I’ll be buying and downloading it tomorrow night after I finish Pacific Rim on the bus.

That scene where the characters sat around the campfire and recited epic poems for three hours? Pure movie magic!

Truly a horrible thought. ::shudder::

I’ll wait for the trilogy of Hobbit films to complete and buy the set when done.

I wouldn’t have been at all surprised if the OP’s description was the actual contents of the EE disc.

My favorite: Radagast water-skiing using a team of carp.

Nah, the best addition by far is the real-time sleeping scenes. Gripping stuff.

Gandalf’s dramatic reading of the multi-page contract was better than Boffin’s version in interpretive dance, except for the “death scene.”

Tolkien must be rolling over in his grave, after that scene with the Smurfs.

Where did you get that? I’ve been told on very good authority that that scent comes later and involves (of course) Legolas.

Radgast’s version is in the “bloopers” reel. Disk 42.

I was particularly enthralled with the building of the birds nest - that they did it in real time and a single take was particularly impressive.

It certainly sounds about right.

A few months before the first film was released I posted this.

The Simpsons version

You have GOT to see Martin Scorsese’s fifteen minute uncut steady-cam shot of Bilbo wandering the caves under the Misty Mountains.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to see the movie last year-- it was better than I expected. But it doesn’t hold up to multiple viewings like LotR. It’s on cable now, and I tried watching it again a few weeks ago. Couldn’t get through more than 15 minutes.

The LotR, on the other hand, I can watch over and over.

and this is the exact opposite for me - I find the LOTR a ‘chore’ to watch - and this just seems ‘fun’.

THere’s no accounting for tastes, as they say in Hobbiton! :wink:

true - good or bad - pretty soon we’ll have Middle-Earth movies for every day of the week.

Do we actually get to see the bird shit hit Radagast’s head?