The How I Met Your Mother end of season 9 thread

I feel bad for her but it seemed like a weird way to explain why she’s still single. I understand that she’s holding a candle for the “perfect man” but it really rubbed me the wrong way.

I agree but not to your extreme. Every storyline is played out except for the Mother’s.

I’m rather enjoying all of Ted’s girlfriends and other guest stars coming back for one last appearance. Monday night’s trifecta of Stella, Victoria and Jeanette was a treat.

As far as the storyline goes, it’s suffocating. But storylines have always been just one element of how much one enjoys a work.

We’ve seen Ted let go of Robin in some way so many times, then the writers get bored or something and bring up all these feelings he supposedly has for her. Every time I fall for it, thinking we’ve seen the end of this horrible plot, but they keep resurrecting it. Since they’ve broken up, I don’t it what’s going on. Are we supposed to be rooting for Ted or feel sorry for him that he can’t let go? If we’re supposed to think they’re right for each other, they should do a better job of showing instead of telling. I hear how much he loves and her, but other than friends and drinking, they don’t have much in common. They’re not star-crossed lovers. This isn’t Victoria going off to Germany and being a big what if. They tried, they realized they weren’t compatible (does he not remember their disastrous romantic living together experiment?), they broke up. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have any feelings at all, especially because that’s not like him, but this constant moping and TELLING HER ON HER WEDDING DAY kind of juvenile shit needed to stop several episodes ago, but here we are, less than half a dozen from the end, beating this dead horse some more.

I unblocked everything with noscript and turned off my adblocker, and all I got were comments, ads and a headline. Thinking it might be Firefox, I tried Chrome. Same thing. Guess I won’t be hanging out on Buzzfeed’s corner of the internet. :frowning:

They keep coming back to Ted letting go of Robin. Some rehashes have been better than others, but they could probably consider it well-covered now. I enjoyed the episode - drunk Barney randomly accosting two young guys and teaching/giving them the playbook was a hoot.

“Are you Jesus?”

I’m finally caught up! I thought “Sunrise” was a fairly weak episode, but I laughed at some of the gags. This season has been the weakest, IMO. I like the Mother, but she’s just a little too perfect, and I have a hard time believing that she wouldn’t find Ted rather immature.

I did somewhat enjoy the cameo from Brian and Nick from Britanick, as Barney’s apprentices, although I feel that they didn’t use them particularly well. Those guys are a riot but they were both forced to play straight man to Barney’s clowning. Still, if this was a lead-in to a spinoff series starring those two, I would find that most excellent.