The Jeopardy thread [was James Holzhauer][contains spoilers]

My reasoning was the same, so I would have missed it too.

I cheered when Connie got “Tennessee Tuxedo,” though. :+1:

Jungle Book would have been my guess even though I would have known it was wrong. I never heard of the Just So stories.

Thanks, folks. I remember Kipling’s Just So Stories as being a special treat when I was a child at school, maybe nine or ten years old. If we had finished the day’s lessons, and we had time to kill before the dismissal bell, the teacher didn’t make us do more work–rather, she would read us one of the Just So stories aloud. I particularly remember “How the Camel Got His Hump,” and “How the Leopard Got His Spots,” but there were others, of course; and I would go on to read all of them, on my own, even the ones we didn’t hear in class.

As you can see, I was familiar with the book, so it was “Kipling” and “had to be told the same way every time” that gave it away, at least to me. Had to be told the same every time? Yes–they had to be told “just so.”

One of my teachers also read us Just So Stores. But last night I had a serious brain fart, and guessed Twice-Told Tales. It seemed to fit the clue.

I’d still like to know who June was.

I wasn’t raised on them, but I knew that’s what they were going for. I thought the clue gave it away pretty clearly.

Right you are, Chumley. I also whooped.

Would that make you Mr. Whoopee?

I have to say I appreciate that the new guy is going for even dollar amounts. That odd dollar on Matt Amodio’s total bothered me.

Plus, nice round numbers take much less time for Johnny Gilbert to say. It almost sounds weird to hear him say “seventy-thousand dollars” when you’re so used to hearing him say “one million, two hundred fourteen thousand, eight hundred ninety-one dollars.”

Only if he has a 3D TV…

“Duh, that sounds logical.” (I honestly hadn’t thought of it! I commend you.)

What’s really weird is when the amount ends with 1, and Johnny Gilbert finishes with “dollar,” singular. Like “ten thousand, two hundred and one dollar.” Would he say “101 Dalmatian”?

I thought of “Just So Stories” immediately. I was shocked all three missed it, it seemed so easy and obvious.

Really liking Mayim as host. I did before she hosted her first show, I knew she would be good. And since there have been discussions in the past about Alex’s ties, and since it is TV and a visual medium, I like the way she dresses, very academic. And on Friday, the angels wanted to wear her red shoes.

You can tell she really loves what she’s doing. I would be perfectly happy to have her as permanent host. What’s keeping them from hiring her as such?

questionable views on certain subjects? I don’t care, when I watch Chinatown I don’t think about Polanski being the director

Any views she may hold are really nobody’s business but her own.

She’s ok, but she has to redeem herself after that self-satisfied brain medicine commercial she did.

Are you kidding?

You all notice she has different eyeglasses almost every day.

I always wonder about her “Napoleon Bonaparte” hand thing when she walks out.

I always remember the time she was on What Not To Wear, and wonder how much of it was scripted (if any).