The kindness of strangers - part two.

I just finished reading this resurrected zombie thread and it made my heart happy:

I understand why Twickster clubbed that particular zombie, but can we please open another thread with such stories?

I have so many that it’s hard to decide which ones to write, so somebody else please go first.

A few months ago, I had to get the fuel pump on my car replaced. Well, for some reason, that changed how much gas my gas tank held and what mileage I was getting. So, for the first time in my life, I ran out of gas. On the frontage road. In construction. During rush hour. In the dark.

I was about about a quarter of an inch away from bawling my eyes out when four young men trooped up to the car, asked me if they could help, and pushed my car about fifty yards to the nearest gas station. And the entrance was on an incline. Before I could pull myself together enough to thank them, all four of them trooped off, got back in their car, and left. I didn’t even realize until afterward that the strange shirts they were wearing were actually the dress uniform of the US Marine Corps. Yes, I had been rescued by the Marines.