The Kitty Report

Another shot, both sleeping.

Ohh, pretty cats. And comfortable cats.

And definitely getting-comfortable-with-each-other cats.

Please deliver adoring pets on my behalf.

‘She’s’ and ‘No’.

From your keyboard to God’s screen!

What cute little perfect kitties!

Far from perfect! There was a hissing match around three this morning. About 20 minutes ago it sounded like an altercation back in the bedroom.

Baby steps…

Shhhhh! They’re angels. :wink:

There’ll be occasional spats from time to time; and this may continue occasionally even if they actively make friends – just as some human friends occasionally grumble at each other, though some don’t. That hiss and even an occasional swat is the feline form of grumble.

But they’ve reached the point at which they can both relax, and even fall asleep, with the other cat in the same room. This means it’ll work out (as such things nearly always do): you won’t wind up with one cat hiding all the time for fear of the other. They may eventually make active friends, play with each other and sleep curled up together; but even if they don’t, they’ll be able to live amicably in the same house.

(And that “eventually” may be months or even years; don’t give up on a full-scale friendship happening if it takes some time.)

(Whoops --this was meant as a reply to @Johnny_L.A’s post about the hissing match.)

heh my 2 oldest fleabags have been togther since they were mere days old that’s been almost 21 or 2 years ago and

its still hissing and smacking then thell make up with the rubbing and licking and such til one irritates the other and gets a bop on the nose , then the cycle repeats

I had a cat several years ago who would decide that he wanted to play, and wander around the house looking for his buddies. If he couldn’t entice one of them to play, he’d start a fight. Bully. They were all sweet and loving the rest of the time.

Goo has been salivating today. My wife checked her mouth, but didn’t see anything amiss. Goo played with her mouth, even biting it a couple/few times. After that, she helped me eat some chicken. Planning on a vet visit in the morning (if we can get in).

Oh yah, if one of my two males couldn’t raise a reaction any other way, they’d wander down to the basement and start yowling like they found an intruding mouse to lure one of the other cats down to be pounced on. All in good fun.

Did you get in to the vet? How’s Goo doing?

Earlier, Mrs. L.A. just texted: ‘Doc says she has inflammation in her mouth. They’re going to give her a shot for that.’

We have an appointment with our vet for the 22nd.

Goo seems fine and active.

thorny’s right - my two have been together since they were 12 and 15 weeks old, so it’s doubtful they remember much from before life with me and each other, and now at a year and three months are generally the best of friends.

And they still had a brief slap fight this morning. They’re fine now, though. Totally normal cat behavior, and much like young human siblings’ behavior too.

I’ve had siblings behave like that well into their teens. Slept curled up together, washed each other, played with each other; and the female would swear at and swat her brother whenever he got her pinned down, which happened close to daily.

ETA: Glad Goo seems fine. I wonder whether she might have an infected tooth?

Mrs. L.A. cancelled the appointment with our vet of ten years. I’m taking Goo in to be looked at next Friday at a vet’s office about 15 miles away that has received very good reviews. We love our vet, but she’s slowing down and has too much work.

I took Goo to the new vet a couple of hours ago. Goo hasn’t drooled since she got her anti-inflammatory shot, but we wanted to make sure she’s healthy.

The vet said she’s healthy, but when she examined her mouth she saw that one of Goo’s lower incisors was ready to come out. When she touched it, Goo flinched. To be on the safe side, we had blood drawn. We should have the results on Tuesday, but right now it seems the inflammation was caused by the bad tooth. Once we have the blood work back, we’ll schedule her for teeth-cleaning ($350) and mouth X-ray ($250?). That’s in addition to the two-hundred-and-something for today’s visit.

Abbey seems to be getting more comfortable in the living room. She won’t leave the bedroom on her own, but she’s fine once she’s out here. Last night she got up on the top shelf (where Goo is in the previous picture). She was actually ready to go to bed, but she stayed up there until ‘mom and dad’ went to bed.

I love the little rascals, but they can be expensive.