The Koch Bros. hit a new low -- killing a rapid-bus line in Nashville just because

This is Buttmunch Gluttons life.

He spends all day scouring the internet for articles he knows the majority of the dope is going to agree with, because at the dope all conservatives are evil, and then in joyfull glee he comes running back here and starts an OP with nothing but a link and “Look at the poopyheads! Look at the poopyheads!”

Then when other tards come in and agree with him that indeed conservatives are poopyheads he furiously masturbates while crying and proclaiming to the heavens, “They like me. They really do like me. I am somebody. See dad I’m not a worthless piece of shit who will never amount to anything besides being a jizz recipient for homeless drugged out pedophiles.”

Yeah, Oak, stop posting the truth. The truth is annoying.

:rolleyes:

Not when one considers what “School Choice Week”, that Americans For Prosperity was a part of, proposes. It shows that you are indeed an ignorant about what they are attempting to do.

BTW there is another option here: that the Koch’s are ignorant of what their subordinates are doing. Not a good good excuse when one considers how many articles and protesters told them before to stop supporting groups that promote pseudoscience and ignorance.

What? Smurfette told you no so you are angry for not getting any? :slight_smile:

Back on track (yeah, foolish me!) for a moment, the reason AFP and people like the Kochs would be involved in scuttling Nashville mass transit is suggested right in the OP. First, mass transit isn’t good for business if your business is profligate consumption of resources. So stopping it wherever possible makes good business sense. Keeping the scruffy masses in their place is merely a secondary benefit that brings kneejerk support from a large element of the base.

I don’t know who Ogles is, but this quote from the OP

explains it quite well. Get something horribly restrictive of mass transit planning passed in some compliant state. Then use the “See? Everybody else knows this is a good idea!” bandwagon argument to rationalize it elsewhere. It won’t stop all mass transit, of course, but one takes ones opportunities as one finds them and does what one can. Every little bit helps.

That poll was just a general poll about BRT in general, not about the specific system under consideration in Nashville at this time. The devil is frequently in the details, as indicated in the Salon article linked in the OP.

Beyond that, the legislature is a state body and is responsive to a lot of people outside of Nashville. Apparently, a big part of the opposition was from state people outside the city who objected to that much state (& federal) money going to Nashville. (See the quote here.)

Bullshit. Most of my posts aren’t even in political threads.

So, Americans for Prosperity isn’t controlled by the Koch Brothers? Have they adopted a position that disfavored the Koch Brothers, in any way, at any time? Figure that’s just a coincidence? You know the expression, he that pays the piper owns his ass, or something like that.

That’s fair. How about many of your posts in political threads?

You really are an idiot, aren’t you?

From the article linked in the OP:

First time I’ve ever been told that here or IRL.

Consider the source. Oakminster never contributes any original thought to political threads.

Whilst over in Prussia, the Great General Staff was beginning to think long-term in the 1830s.

Prussian observers were sent in 1826 to examine Britain’s new Iron Horse.

Of course they didn’t have the Koch Bros to dissuade them.

I told the Emperor his whole ass was hanging out, too.

Up yours, Shit-for-Brains.

Sadly, that is an appropriate thing to post in most political threads on the SDMB these days. Most of them really are content free circle jerks just like this one.

Charles Koch: I’m Fighting to Restore a Free Society.

Looks like one Koch brother wrote an op-ed in the WSJ yesterday. Interesting stuff.

That’s right-The Koch Brothers are not interfering in local politics…and here is why they feel justified in doing it. :dubious:

Are you confusing me with another poster? My only two posts to this thread are right above yours and I haven’t said anything resembling your strawman there. Try and pay attention.

Interesting in the sense that I’m interested also on how the mind of the ones paying for the propaganda works.

Not impressed at all, as I pointed before Koch can do a lot of good but that does not excuse nor denies what the critics are reporting. You are only looking there at ways to excuse reprehensible behavior from the paid minions.

Is anyone who opposes a climate tax reprehensible? Are you able to accept someone having a different political opinion from you without thinking they’re evil.