The Labor Day MMP

[ol]
[/ol]swampy, your church has a dog park? Cool! :cool:
Up, caffeinating, breakfasting and getting ready to go heathenate.

Happy Sunday!

kai!! Glad to see you here again!! I was neglectful in not saying so the other day and I am properly remorseful! I’m glad you can’t see my gardens - they’re a disaster. The weekends here have either been excessively hot or, like this one, rainy. There’s so much to do, it’s overwhelming.

**FCD **just got up - time to shower and head out to breakfast!! YUM!!

Then, now, or in between? :stuck_out_tongue:

The goat’s heads were things I stepped on in Lancaster. My username was from when I was in L.A. Now I’m just below the Canadian border on the Salish Sea!

Morning all. Rain is predicted for most of the afternoon and evening, so glad I got my exercise yesterday, looks like a good day to stay inside.

We’re getting a new AA (minor league) baseball team here in N. Ali-bama next season, and they had a naming contest, so we’re now going to be the home of the…Trash Pandas!!! I do believe this is one of the signs of tha Apocalypse.

Need to shower and shave, since the remodelers haven’t installed my sink faucets yet, so the shower is the only place I can obtain water for said shaving…and I’m starting to look slightly disreputable…

Welcome back kai. Yeah, I found this place a couple of years ago and seemed to have settled in comfortably. Pretty good folk around here, IMHO (making allowances for some, of course).

Only going to 83F today, which qualifies as Fall for these parts. But never fear, its due to be up to about 90F by next weekend…

OK, need to forage and get cleaned up (more or less in that order).

Thanks kaiwik. Nice to see you!

I got up way too late today, but I needed the sleep. Thankfully I’m seeing the psychiatrist tomorrow so I can talk to him further about this situation.

Yay wiki for coming back! Boo for no hot water. :mad:

Metal Mouse I think the “trash pandas” is hilarious. Of course, the way I first read that I thought it was for one of your soccer teams. AA ball? :dubious: They must be so proud to take the field. :smiley:

I need a time machine to stretch things out about 50 days right now. Movers come tomorrow. Wheee!

Just did some browsing to see if I could find a Minor league (baseball) team with a less dignified animal names and came up with RockHounds, MuckDogs, Yard Goats, Rubber Ducks, Snappers, Rumble Ponies, Chihauhaus, Fire Frogs, Jumbo Shrimp, and Lake Monsters…some folks have a vivid imagination…

But yeah, the baseball minors go A, AA, and AAA in terms of skill level and how close they are to the majors.

Rain has come and gone and will be returning shortly.

Howdy Y’all! We deheathenated, had a <snerk> Quickie! <snerk> N.O.L. and I have achieved nappage. OYKW is still workin’ on his nappage achievement. The playground dedication was cute. The area where all the play equipment is, is covered with that rubber mulch stuff. One part of the dedication was to have kids shovel some of the mulch onto the playground. There was a little wheelbarrow filled with mulch and the kids were given play shovels to use. They had a blast! Parents were havin’ a tough time tryin’ to drag their kids back inside for deheathenization. :smiley:

red when it was decided to remodel the playground area (a hyuuuuuuuuuuuge area) the idea of fencin’ off a part of it for a doggie park got tossed around. See, folks had been bringin’ their dogs there already because it is a nice fenced in area. So, a part of it now has a separate fence and entrance for a doggie park. There’s still a little work to be done but it should be ready to be dedicated on The Feast of St. Francis Is A Sissy aka the Blessing of The Animals Day.

The food was mostly okay, 'cept some of it was way overcooked and dry. My lamb chops were like shoe leather. The wine was pretty good though.

About that; we were supposed to go over to our friend’s house about 3pm to commence the making. Well it seems two of our friends have been there all morning already and have made dozens of tamales already. There probably won’t be anything left for us to do. wifey is somewhat steamed about it, as she really wanted to learn how to make 'em. We might not go at all.

In other news, i managed to break the lid on one of Wifey’s old canisters this morning. :o I have since re-discovered that super glue is still great for gluing your fingers together, but not so good for gluing ceramic pieces. :mad:

She’s had those canisters for longer than she’s had me. le sigh

…and may have them for longer than she had you. :dubious:

She’ll probably have me cremated and use them to store my ashes. :stuck_out_tongue:

** Wifey** cancelled our attendance at tamale fest.

Daughter has arrived safely in Lancaster. FCD and I had meatloaf for supper - SIL had made something for him late in the afternoon, so he didn’t want to eat supper. Roxy is getting some Daddy and Uncle time. Rain has temporarily stopped and it’s loverly and cool.

It’s been a good, lazy day!

wiki, I feel your pain. My water heater went out last winter and it was ~4 days until I got a new one installed. Baths were at the gym or by water heated on the stove.

metal mouse, I may have to make a road trip to northern Ali-bammy to see the Trash Pandas. Will 2019 be their inaugral season?

swampy, the dog park idea rocks! I know that in my congregation of heathens, there are as many dogs show up to functions as kids.

I’ve heathenated and had a tasty lunch of portabello beet salad and a cup of shrimp bisque at the Italian place where we did lunch. The apple and toothpick construction craft for the kiddos was a hit (snacks and a craft in one fell swoop). It’s rained most of the day and traffic was pretty slow going in because of wrecks. I brought surface streets home to avoid the mess on the freeways.

Red, it’ll probably be the 2020 season; they’ve just broken ground for the new stadium and they also plan to put a new exit in from I-565 as part of the development, so it’ll be awhile.

Rain, more rain, and some showers. Fed at 5 Guys and looked at furniture prices at a couple of places (for my 2020 plans).

All y’all take care now.

Work was pretty good today; good manager on duty. With all the rain, even with the sump and drains, we got a little water in the basement at the house. Not much but enough to see. Other than that some yummy pasta and brownies later.

its so hot that lasts years left over peanut butter kisses from the dollar store are melting
(they were a quarter a bag …… and they did let yas know they were old ……)

she came all the way out here? voluntarily on purpose ? people do that?

johnny will back me up on this …. there are 4 reasons someone moves here

1.they’re wanted by the cops or government agency for something somewhere or such agencies have them hiding out up here for witness protection

1.a they’re on parole and there put up here …….
2 they’re either military or aerospace involved
3 for health reasons … because its usually so dry up here people with breathing problems have an easier time of it
4 There too dumb and broke to be anywhere else 4A the state and federal assistance programs have relocated them because its cheaper to live here and any where else in LA county

None wakes up one day and says "lets move to Lancaster or the antelope valley "

Oh wait you mean one of the other mythical lancasters that are in civilization …

well never mind ……

She didn’t move to Lancaster. She’s there for a training class for 2 days.

I need chocolate!!

NM I messed up the joke anyways ……. I was half joking about one of my two hometowns ……… Lancaster CA which is a dive of a town but don’t tell the city council that …….

The odd part is that people do move to the Antelope Valley on purpose. But then, people move to the middle of Nevada or Arizona on purpose too. Something for everyone, I guess. I like living where my tires don’t stick to the asphalt when it gets hot.

Work went over, had to wait for the pharmaschist to do something. Forgot to defrost the poke chops, so I’m having Magikal Intertoob Pizza for dinner. Watching Sunday Night Football.

GO PACKERS!!!

Looks like Florence will hit the N.C. coast around 0200 friday, and hitting Raleigh around 0800. So I get to drive into work on my day off in a hurricane.:dubious:

wiki ,sucks about the water heater. But : tacklehug : back:)